PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: My PSV Experience + News

Dec 6, 2011

Having talked to the attendants of the Vita mall tour myself, I can attest that they don't know nearly as much as us enthusiasts.

Telling the OP that a 3rd party company may come out with a HDMI output, is pure speculation and is an irresponsible thing to say IMO.

I have no idea what the the accessories port is for, I thought the memory cards went there. But I am glad it is there, it will allow the Vita to do something more...

Message 21 of 26 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8193 posts

Dec 6, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

@CaptainHuggyface that is what the report said sadly for japan. different area different rules.  read it your self link below.

http://www.1up.com/news/3g-vita

"As part of the campaign, after the free prepaid test period, you'll be able to update to either the other prepaid or the monthly plan," Takada added. "It's worth noting that a lot of people think plans can only be updated for the two weeks after the usage period experies. In fact, you can update your plan anytime after beginning use, so for example, once you purchase 100 hours, that can be updated for up to 194 days after the initial purchase."

If you do let your prepaid contract expire, though, you're in trouble -- in Japan, you'll have to spring for a new SIM card from DoCoMo, to the tune of 2100 yen. "An expired SIM card is considered no longer part of a contract," Urakawa explained, "so it cannot be recovered and you will need to change over to a new UIM card. If you think you'll be using the service regularly across the half-year period, it would be best to continue with the 100-hour plan."

I think that this is the implementation of DoCoMo's systems, and not the Vita's fault. I remember Globe Telecom's Prepaid System once, if it runs flat you can keep it only to recieve texts and calls (free) for 6 months before you need to top it up or the SIM itself expires.

Message 22 of 26 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 6, 2011

@Doppelgangergang I never thought it was the fault of the vita I know thats how DoCoMo does things over there for there 3G. Im just showing that the 3G sim card Is not locked Into the system. otherwise they would have to give you a hole new ps vita. not just a new sim card. do I know where the sim card slot is no I do not. according to this news though there has got to be one somewhere.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 23 of 26 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Dec 8, 2011

poor japan gamers i wouldn't like that to happen to me . Maybe the sim card is inside and they just have to open it up like some memory cards from some phones. I don't really know where else they could put it.

Message 24 of 26 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 8, 2011

@chatito21 well it is not stoping them from getting the 3G/WIfi model. since over there that is the most popular model.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 25 of 26 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Dec 8, 2011

Man.... i sometimes wish i could live in other places rather than California for example in Japan so i could get the PS Vita in December 17 ahhhhhh...... i wish

Message 26 of 26 (14 Views)
0 Likes