Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 06 2010
By: John_3_16-17 Splicer 66 posts

My PSP won't charge or turn on.

19 replies 38371 views Edited Nov 6, 2010

My PSP won't charge or turn on. It was working 2 hours ago when the battery died, then i tried to charge it and non of the lights came on, and the psp won't turn on. What should I do?

Every decision we make is meaningless because somewhere, on a parallel Earth, we have already made the opposite choice. We're nothing. Less than nothing.

PSN Gamercards
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (38,371 Views)
MVP Support
12020 posts

Re: My PSP won't charge or turn on.

Nov 6, 2010

Did the battery die during an update? Because that would brick your PSP.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (38,371 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Nov 6, 2010

Knock it off with the "brick" thing. All you're doing is just scaring him to death.

Topic creator I had the same thing happen to me a week and  half ago with my PSP. I was playing around in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and noticed that the areas were getting distorted so I quit the game and put in Smackdown vs Raw 2010. Everything was fine when playing a match in Smackdown 2010 and all of a sudden the screen went all white and psp turned off by itself.  my one and only batter that I've had since November 2008 it pretty much died on me I think so I ordered a brand new battery off of amazon and should be getting it next week on Monday or in the middle of the week next week and I am hoping the new battery will turn my PSP back on.

one thing I can't stand is when people automatically think a PSP's got bricked because of the PSP shutting down by itself. its like they never even bother checking out the battery and needing to get a new battery.

This whole "brick" thing is getting on my nerves and all these people do is just to scare you to death and make you worry if you should go get a new PSP handheld or something.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (38,371 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Nov 6, 2010

But even if ur battery is dead U should be able to plug it in and still be able to turn it on, even without a battery in.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (38,371 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Nov 7, 2010

Don't tell him that his PSP is bricked. There is no possible explaination that a PSP can't brick on its own. The only way it can brick if you unplugged the AC-Adapter / Battery during a firmware update.

Anyways, I think your battery died. Try a friend's battery and try to charge it. If the orange lights lit up, then your old battery is the problem. If that didn't work, try using a friend's AC-Adapter and charge your old battery. If it works, then its your AC-Adapter causing the trouble.

You do realize, you can still use your PSP without a battery? All you have to do is put the External AC-Adapter in and turn it on. Also, leave it plugged in if you don't want your time/date to reset.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (38,371 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10228 posts

Nov 7, 2010

It's absolutely not the battery.... It's either the charger or the PSP itself. If you still have your warranty I'd call Sony and try to get it replaced. Knowing them they'll probably charge for S&H both ways, but it's better than nothing. I also heard they service PSPs out of warranty for about $80.. with S&H it will probably be closer to $100. If my prices are correct, then I'd just buy a new PSP instead of paying $100 bucks for a refurb unit.....

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (38,371 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Nov 7, 2010

When I see people that keep on starting the whole PSP is "bricked" I get upset at those types of people. All they do is just scare gamers like me half to death. Knock it off. Seriously.

I've noticed that stores today they barely have any PSP batteries except for Walmart and Gamestop which they only have like one still on the peg racks which is sad. Nowadays all I see are accessories for PS2, PS3, Xbox crap and DS accessories.

The only accessories I keep seeing are car travel cords for the PSP which noone even uses? Then there's headphones and the PSP travel cases

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (38,371 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Nov 7, 2010

You done gone and got bricked.

...*sigh* sorry

It doesn't sound like the battery would just do this buy itself.  It sounds like something in the PSP hardware itself, possibly a malfunction in the way the battery sends power to the unit.  At least that's what it sounds like to me.

Note: I was kidding about the brick thing, in case you didn't have the intelligence to figure that out.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (38,371 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Nov 7, 2010

urrutiap wrote:

When I see people that keep on starting the whole PSP is "bricked" I get upset at those types of people. All they do is just scare gamers like me half to death. Knock it off. Seriously.

I've noticed that stores today they barely have any PSP batteries except for Walmart and Gamestop which they only have like one still on the peg racks which is sad. Nowadays all I see are accessories for PS2, PS3, Xbox crap and DS accessories.

The only accessories I keep seeing are car travel cords for the PSP which noone even uses? Then there's headphones and the PSP travel cases

Well businesses stock what sells.  And right now those accessories are selling a lot better than PSP accessories.

It's the same reason of why the PS2 used to have like a whole damn wall at Wal-Mart and now it has 2 rows.  It's also the reason why the DS used to have like a few rows and now it has like a whole damn wall.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (38,371 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
509 posts

Nov 8, 2010
Been through this. I had my psp-go go flat. Wouldn't charge off usb. Had to use wall charger, and charge for a good 5min before I could turn it on again. It scared me to death because I normally charge with usb, but it wouldn't take and I couldn't get it going again. However the origional wall charger got it going and I haven't had a problem since.

Also, tony is exactly 12 years younger than me. I think that makes me pretty sad.

PS3 20gb with 120gb hd *** PS3 40gb *** PS3 80gb *** Ps Vita 3g *** 2x Ps Vita wifi *** 2x White PSP-Go
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (38,371 Views)
0 Likes