Dec 15 2013
By: Farmtown89 Lombax Warrior 93 posts

My PS4 is arriving Tuesday, so a Couple of Question

7 replies 247 views Edited Dec 15, 2013

I ordered a Ps4 off of Amazon about 3 days ago, and UPS says it will be here tuesday and i cant wait!! Smiley Very Happy

Anyways I wanted to come on here and ask a couple of things so here it is:

1. Is Playstation Home on the Ps4? cuase i have spent alot of money and time on that feature. And if it isnt, are they adding it anytime soon?

2. I know the ps4 isnt backwards compatiable, but what happens to the games i purchased on my ps3? all my classic ps1 and ps2 games? its kinda stupid i cant play those when I spent my money on them :\

3. Is Netflix and Hulu features on the ps4? cuz I have subscriptions to both.

4. How much is online service?

Thanks to all that have answered! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: My PS4 is arriving Tuesday, so a Couple of Question

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2013

Farmtown89 wrote:

I ordered a Ps4 off of Amazon about 3 days ago, and UPS says it will be here tuesday and i cant wait!! Smiley Very Happy

1. Is Playstation Home on the Ps4? cuase i have spent alot of money and time on that feature. And if it isnt, are they adding it anytime soon?

2. I know the ps4 isnt backwards compatiable, but what happens to the games i purchased on my ps3? all my classic ps1 and ps2 games? its kinda stupid i cant play those when I spent my money on them :\

1) No and unknown.

2) They stay where they are. Keep your PS3.

3) Yes

4) 49.99 a year for PS+ but that is also good on your PS3 and Vita if you have one. If you are already a PS+ member on your PS3, that carries over to your PS4 as well.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 2 of 8 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Dec 15, 2013

my ps3 got YLOD so i cant use it. They need to add PS Home as well, and they need to let us play our old games, funny how i could play DL ps2 games on my ps3 and its wasnt BC.....:\

Message 3 of 8 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Dec 15, 2013
Wow, just...... Wow. Isn't it kind of late to be asking these questions. I'm genuinely curious, why did you buy a PS4?
All PS4 information from Sony available here:

PS4 FAQ
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Everything you need to know about the PS4
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5102/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NzA2MDMzMy9zaWQvR1hqc3RRSGw%3D
Message 4 of 8 (178 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1228 posts

Dec 15, 2013

Farmtown89 wrote:

1) PlayStation @ Home is not on the PlayStation 4 and Sony has not announced any plans of adding it to the new system.

2) All of the games that you purchased for your PS3 can only be played on your PS3 (or in the case of some PS1 classics, on your PSP or Vita if you have them).  You may feel that it is "stupid" that you can not play those games on the PS4, but you are not considering the considerable amount of time and money that would have to go into making those compatible with the PS4 which has a completely new architecture. If the PS4 had BC, you would probably be paying $600+ for the system at launch - and then guess what? More people would complain that the system is too expensive. 

Best option, even though you said that your PS3 no longer works, is to get another PS3 or fix your PS3 if you really want to continue playing all of those games. 

3) Yes. Netflix and Hulu are currently available on the PS4. 

4) PlayStation Plus has various subscription levels. You will get a card with a code for 30 days free; however, upon the expiration of the subscription, you can renew from one of three options: 1 month at $9.99 (only available through the PSN/online), 3 months at $17.99, or 12 months at $49.99. For more information on PS+, the prices, and benefits, check out the official link here: http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

Farmtown89 wrote:

my ps3 got YLOD so i cant use it. They need to add PS Home as well, and they need to let us play our old games, funny how i could play DL ps2 games on my ps3 and its wasnt BC.....:\

PS Home would be a HUGE undertaking to put on PS4 and I don't see Sony putting its resources into making that happen. Sorry. But, it never hurts to let your desire be made known here on the forums. I know there are some others who would like to see the same. 

Also, note: PS2 classics were a recent occurrence on the PSN. There are not many and they do require reprogramming to work on the PS3. Once again, this would cost a lot of time and resources to have all of these games ported to the PS4. 

Fortunately, SCE has plans to implement Gaikai which will allow us to stream a legacy collection of games from PS3 other systems on the PS4. How well it will work, we have yet to see. So... you can get another PS3, wait for and hope that Gaikai will be enough for you, or forget about all of those games. ;/

Message 5 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2013

Farmtown89 wrote:

No, and I seriously doubt it.

Gaikai will allow you to stream older games to the PS4. When and how nobody knows yet.

Not sure, but I'm sure they will be eventually if they aren't currently

PS+ is roughly $50 a year

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 6 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Dec 15, 2013
They cant even make PSHome work right on PS3 no way should it touch the PS4 until then LOL
Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 7 of 8 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Dec 15, 2013

Not sure they are going to add PS home haven't heard any discussion about it I think thats a PS3 thing is my guess. Kinda lame for those that use it I never did myself. Never know if enough customers complain they may add it down the line. And I thought you were going to be able to get your downloaded games eventually but dont quote me on it.

Message 8 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes