Jul 15 2013
By: SmoKnGunSLinGeR First Son 2 posts

My PS3 was stolen

6 replies 283 views Edited Jul 15, 2013

I left my apartment for a day or so and when I came home i discovered that the console, controllers, games (20 or so), and HDMI cable had been stolen.  {Black slim 250 gb} (KS,USA) about 2 days ago. Luckily I still have the receipt/original box/serial number. Notified the police straight away.  Do you guys know the number that law enforcement needs to call for Sony?  I haven't changed my psn login info because when you power it on, it auto-logs me in and i wanna do everything i can to track it. Any advice in that department would be welcomed.  Unfortunately I didn't copy the MAC addy but I'll call my isp and see if they have any advice.  I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks.

--smokngunslinger

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (283 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Re: My PS3 was stolen

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

SmoKnGunSLinGeR wrote:

I left my apartment for a day or so and when I came home i discovered that the console, controllers, games (20 or so), and HDMI cable had been stolen.  {Black slim 250 gb} (KS,USA) about 2 days ago. Luckily I still have the receipt/original box/serial number. Notified the police straight away.  Do you guys know the number that law enforcement needs to call for Sony?  I haven't changed my psn login info because when you power it on, it auto-logs me in and i wanna do everything i can to track it. Any advice in that department would be welcomed.  Unfortunately I didn't copy the MAC addy but I'll call my isp and see if they have any advice.  I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks.

--smokngunslinger

You can change your account information here so the burgler does not access your account -

Digital Entertainment | Sony Entertainment Network

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (277 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14956 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Do you have renters/homeowners insurance?

Because you can get all of that replaced easily.

Sorry, but within 24 hours of property being stolen, its pretty much gone. If all they went for were your TV, PS3 and games, then someone you know could have robbed you. You better start listening real good and paying attention to the people you hang with if they still have it.

All you need to do to change your password and such, is login here:
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/home/

Deactivate the console, change your password, and make sure you remove any debit/credit card info on the account. Thats about the most you'll be able to do.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (251 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jul 15, 2013

That sucks bro hope you find the jerks that took it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1833 posts

Jul 15, 2013

I agree with the above posts. If all they took was the ps3 and games and it was in your apartment. It most likely was someone you know. Who else would have acces to your apartment?  These things really suck :smileysad:. I hope you get all these sorted out.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 15, 2013
stuff like this happens a lot were i live, people that know u or know of you and know what u have and are watching u..i know people who have like 4-6 systems from breaking into peoples houses..that's why u keep what u have to yourself, no need to show off to the public. but yea probably somebody u know or somebody who knows of u or what u have
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (185 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 15, 2013
If you have all papers you can use to prove its yours, you can easily report it to sony and the police. Sony is also known to help with the investigations. They wont go after for games/controllers, but they will go after the console due to its hefty pricetag. Ill laugh when this scum of earth gets caught. All thief's deserve to be executed like back in the old days. Trying to profit off others misery.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (147 Views)
0 Likes