Mar 05 2013
By: RegalPaw First Son 12 posts

My PS3 or everyone?

8 replies 145 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

I ran out and picked up a PS3, it's the new White Super Slim 500GB, i got a year of PS+ and i went to browse around and see what i might could scoop up and holy crap! The LAG, is it just me or is everyone effected by this terrible lag, it's frame rate lag, not loading times... i try to watch a video preview on a page like, The Last of Us and the video skips and jumps, the audio continues with no issue but the video is awful.

I figured it may have been my internet and it is not, everytime i swipe to new page layouts or try to watch a trailer it's like 5fps, there is no way this can be normal.

Message 1 of 9 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Re: My PS3 or everyone?

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

are you talking about using the ps3 browser? Cause it sucks and lag and very long loading times. If you just want to watch video on the net, use a pc, not the ps3. I hope the ps4 browser will be much faster, able to surf the web, watch movies online, ect.

Message 2 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 5, 2013
No, the PlayStation Store is extremely laggy, it's hard to watch the trailers on the game page, navigating the store is painful because you will pass the stuff you are trying to get too due to it not being able to catch up, i'm talking about the front page even.
Message 3 of 9 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

you mean watching trailers in the psn store. The psn store works fine for me. Im using the ps3 slim. Doesnt lag when watching previews of games or just browsing games. Sometime just turning off your ps3 and turning it back on help. If it doesnt, try unpluging your router and wait a few minutes then plug it back in.

Message 4 of 9 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

The rebooting didn't solve anything, i swapped out to a SSD i had for an old netbook lying around and had to jump through some hoops with updating but it cleared up the issue, the HDD they slapped in this unit just isn't up to the task. I'm going to have to get some other Hard drive, i don't really want to leave this SSD in here for many reasons, one being that PS3 probably don't have a Garbage Collection and they probably do a ton of caching which will eventually kill this SSD.

I'm a bit dissapointed that i spent the extra $50 to keep from having to buy a bigger HDD and i'm going to have to anyway, that and to have Playstation Plus, which to be honest i'm a bit dissapointed in the "Instant game collection" 9 or 10 games? atleast it was "free" i guess, I caught sight that Europe got Dead or Alive 5 for free (or will tomorrow) and we don't, so there is another $50, but that's another story.

Message 5 of 9 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54529 posts

Mar 5, 2013

RegalPaw wrote:
No, the PlayStation Store is extremely laggy, it's hard to watch the trailers on the game page, navigating the store is painful because you will pass the stuff you are trying to get too due to it not being able to catch up, i'm talking about the front page even.

I have not had this problem with the PSstores movie trailers at all nor with the menu.   What are your modem settings (nat 2?), that could impact it but I doubt it.

Message 6 of 9 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Wow you are 6 years late buddy, hahaha. With today's sites, it makes the PS3's browser look like windows 95 the way it runs lmao. PlayStation Store...... check your connection because after I switch from Verizon to Comcast, the Store loads in instantly and has almost no lags or slow downs. But Welcome to the PlayStation Family Smiley Happy
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 7 of 9 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16827 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Well you need a decently fast internet connection for starters.... if you have 3Mb download speeds, you're on the very limit of having a semi-decent online experience

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

Mar 5, 2013

RegalPaw wrote:

Yup the new playstation store is severely messed up.

Its ten times slower to load and then about 5 times slower to actually use.

The search function does not work, unless you know where what you are looking for is, which is pointless.

Also 2/3 of my PS3's can no longer access the PS Store, was getting some weird message before but now it says the store is undergoing maintenance for the last month or so.

Sony cant fix real issues, so they spend their time breaking everything which works perfectly.

The XMB was perfect and they could not leave well enough alone, the Store was about perfect but xbox this and that right so now we have a broken mess where simplicity of function used to stand.

Sony just wants to be someone else these days, I dont know where I went wrong with them.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 9 of 9 (60 Views)
0 Likes