Sep 09 2012
By: GodofFps First Son 6 posts

My PS3 is working after YLOD without opening it up

[ Edited ]
3 replies 566 views Edited Sep 9, 2012

I don't know what is exactly going on inside it.

Few days ago my 5 yr old ps3 got THE Yellow Light of Death!! I panicked..

But, then I remembered that ps3 had a resolution reset mode(I don't know if its right way to describe it) I just did it.. Only thing I could try Smiley Sad

It was able to be done by pressing on the power button for about 4 sec and ps3 would turn back off with 2 beep

And I turned it on. Surprisingly, my ps3 got turned on with out getting ylod. And I was able to set the resolution back to 1080p and

Watch movies and play game again.. Today I turned it on again and ylod kicked back in. But when I did the same thing

I did by resetting the resolution and it is working again.(it's still working while I write this message) I don't know how long its going to work. But, for now I can use ps3 just as I did before ylod problem. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4 (566 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: My PS3 is working after YLOD without opening it up

Sep 9, 2012
I strongly suggest that you backup your PS3 immediately, because your luck reviving your PS3 may be running out...
Message 2 of 4 (541 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Sep 9, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I strongly suggest that you backup your PS3 immediately, because your luck reviving your PS3 may be running out...

I agree with Logical Dolphin. An intermittent YLOD can become an irrecoverable YLOD.

Message 3 of 4 (523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 10, 2012

thanks for the reply Smiley Happy, I just ordered HDD for ps3 backup.

Message 4 of 4 (491 Views)
0 Likes