Apr 16 2013
By: AlcholicBlackGuy First Son 4 posts

My PS3 is a HDMI cord destroyer..?

9 replies 346 views Edited Apr 16, 2013

I don't know why, but the hdmi cord for my ps3 broke.  I know, i'm somewhat careless so I might move the cord around without caring.  Yea', but when I plugged it in it just said not supported.  It's said that before, but for a quick second when I hooked my computer up to the HD tv/moniter.  But it doesn't say it anymore, or my brother got a new cord.  I forget.  But it just didn't work. but I always noticed something wrong with the hdmi cords that were made, and I mean almost all of them. to the bottom left, the second one from the bottom left.  It looks like someone kinda... **bleep**ed it over, but it still works right?  Well, after being harrassed at gamestop over this issue.  I just bought another cord, if it's broken, replace it..?  Well I plugged it in and it worked, FOR ONE DAY. not 24, more like.. 5, 4, or 3 hours at least?  I plug it in the next night, which is right now for me.  And it says not supported, I look inside the HDMI socket and I see.. that the gold thing on the bottom left corner, the second from the bottom left, is just bent off, and spread across the back of the hdmi port into the ps3  It looks like there's been no damage to the HDMI cord, and the tv/moniter is perfectly fine.. Is my ps3 broke or something?  Because The last PS3 I had, I tried using that one too, there's nothing wrong with it. other than the fact that it doesn't display sound, but I didn't care.  the Visuals were PERFECT.  It didn't work.  I tried to hook it up to my downstairs TV, and for some reason it was red staticed.. and glitchy.  What the hell is wrong here? It's not the TV's.  It may be the cord, but there's a very low chance it's the PS3's.  But if my new PS3 breaks the cords so that it doesn't work for my old one.  What can I say?  My PS# is a HDMI cord destroyer?  Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 10 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Re: My PS3 is a HDMI cord destroyer..?

Apr 16, 2013

i have fixed several ps3's that have had bent prongs in the HDMI port and is usually from being to rough with them and using cheap cords..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 2 of 10 (340 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 16, 2013
So do I need to send my PS3 to get fixed? Because I heard that's ridiculously expensive, and by that I mean, 50 to 100$.
Message 3 of 10 (334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Apr 16, 2013

You should hope it's the faulty cord. HDMI cords run around 5-10 dollars, not a big deal. I have around 10 of them, and their all pretty durable. Can't see them breaking. But if it's the HDMI port, goodluck.

Message 4 of 10 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Apr 16, 2013

if you have bent prongs in the hdmi port then it will need fixed and most likely the hdmi port replaced...i usually charge around 50 bucks for parts and labor on a HDMI port replacement...

Message 5 of 10 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Would an AV port be better to buy, I mean they're just as pricey, I could check?

Message 6 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Apr 16, 2013

yea you can still use the standard AV port on the console with component/composite cables..

Message 7 of 10 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Apr 16, 2013
I got SONY tv and the slim ps3 and sometimes it doesn't read the ps3 input. I called SONY and all you got to do is reset all by unplugging all the cords after turning the TV and ps3 off for 1 to 5 minutes I think. Try 1 minute then plug the Hdmi and the power cord back. My ps3 doesn't unread anymore.
Message 8 of 10 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Apr 16, 2013

ToN-6 wrote:
I got SONY tv and the slim ps3 and sometimes it doesn't read the ps3 input. I called SONY and all you got to do is reset all by unplugging all the cords after turning the TV and ps3 off for 1 to 5 minutes I think. Try 1 minute then plug the Hdmi and the power cord back. My ps3 doesn't unread anymore.

if you have bent pins in the HDMI port that is useless...

Message 9 of 10 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Okay, It's tyhe PS3 that's broken. so it's no big deal anymore.  I have another one, theres no sound but who cares, I'm gonna' try and sell my newer ps3 for parts if possible for around 40 dollars.  I'm gonna' try and see if a AV cord works though.  But if anyone wants this ps3 for parts.  Just message me through ps3.

Message 10 of 10 (241 Views)
0 Likes