Aug 19 2009
By: adamskiii First Son 6 posts

My PS3 controller wont turn on

18 replies 16151 views Edited Aug 19, 2009

My controller was working fine today but my battery level was at one so I decided to charge it. After about an hour of playing I accidently unplugged the controller from the USB when it was charging. I plugged it back in and pressed the PS button and all the 4 red lights on the back of the controller flashed a few times then turned off. I then tried it without plugging in the USB and the same thing.

Every time I press the PS button the 4 red lights on the back of the controller just flash and turn off and the controller wont stay on. What happened? Can it be fixed?

Thanks

Message 1 of 19 (16,151 Views)
Wastelander
878 posts

Re: My PS3 controller wont turn on

Aug 19, 2009
Try reseting the controller. There is a pin size hole on the back. The reset button can be pushed with a pin or something of the same size. Hold it in for about 5 seconds. Then try to re-sync the controller.
6 posts

Aug 20, 2009
thank you. Working now
Message 3 of 19 (16,151 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 10, 2010

What if that doesn't work, both of my controllers decided to stop working unless they were plugged into my ps3 via usb. I've tried reseting, turning off the system, rebooting every which way I can think of, and even replaced the old batteries with new ones, and so far nothing, they flash with the usb like they are charging, but they will not work when unplugged. Also, when plugged in they flash for a short time, 10-15 min, and then turn off. The system says they are fully charged but when I unplug, and then reconnect them they go back to charging, I'm very frustrated and any help would be appreciated. This has been going on for several weeks.

Message 4 of 19 (16,151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
878 posts

Mar 10, 2010

It sounds like the batteries may be shot or the transceiver in the controller. If resetting the controller doesn't work the next best option is to buy a new controller. If a new one doesn't work than the PS3's blu tooth receiver is shot.

Can you connect any blu-tooth devices?

First Son
11 posts

Apr 17, 2010

my control doesnt turn on. I was playing my ps3, left the room and came bak and my sister got the control and now it doenst work. i tried pressing the ps button but nothing happens. i tried everything opening it reseting it and nothing happens. It said it was fully charged. Before this happened it kept on goin only right then it siped working

Message 6 of 19 (16,151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 17, 2010
the wierd thing is that the batery was working fine. i got this control 4 months ago
Message 7 of 19 (16,151 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
614 posts

Apr 17, 2010
It very well could be just shotty repairable batteries in the controller. Get you the proper screw driver and replace the batteries. Should take you all of like 20 minutes, it's a really easy replacement. If that doesn't work, you may have to break down and buy a new controller. Hope you get it worked out.

80 GIG b/c ps3, itt-tech student
Message 8 of 19 (16,151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 7, 2010

I was playing a game "infamous" and I knew my controller was almost dead then when i was playing the controller shut off. Then I plugged it in for about 10-20 miniutes and none of the lights on the back of the controller came on, is there away around this. P.S I already tried pushing the button on the back of the controller with a paperclip!

Message 9 of 19 (16,151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 25, 2010

mine does the same thing my wont turn on the light wont even blink ive tried reseting it nothing, i took the battery out and plug it in it worked. but only for 2 secs i cliked a button and it moved. and it turn off again

Message 10 of 19 (16,151 Views)
0 Likes