Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: My Open Letter to Sony

Apr 19, 2013

assyriandogboy93 wrote:

[Quote]: "I’ve been a fan of the Playstation since the original grey box PSOne. Only now do I question my decision to stick with Sony. You remove other OS support, then backwards compatibility entirely, even rumors that the future "PS4" not being able to play "PS3" games. As well as patents for proprietary encrypted games and disc based DRM? You're pushing your customers against a wall here. As for me, I can only take so much before I decide you’re not worth my time and money. Everybody has these limits. No wonder people say "skip the consoles just go PC." This probably won't get anywhere but the trash bin or bait for Internet Trolls but whatever. I tried my best. Let’s see how much Sony listens."

I can, and DO support, and condone this remark.

This also inclines me to DEMAND that Sony restores the ability of the respective user to partition the HDD to dual boot the PS system, and an Other OS.

You have one dumb sense of entitlement.....

just becase you DEMAND something.... doesn't mean its automatically going to work.... usually, when a company does something, they're not going to re-neg on their actions.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 21 of 25 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Well, they aught to, that's the only  real reason I bought a PS3, and, it's been out long enough, that if I sell it, it would probably lose me money, instead of maybe just breaking even (maybe even make me a buck, or two).

Message 22 of 25 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54777 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Let me add my pesronal 2 cents

I bought a PS1 because it played games from CD's, that was COOL!  

I bought a PS2 because I loved the PS1 and the PS2 was going to be better (and it was).  Even better was I could bring my PS1 library over to the PS2 as they made the 2 games compatible.

I bought a PS3 because I loved my other playstations and this one seemed WAY better than the PS2 (and it has been).   The best part was my vast PS2 library was able to be carried over so I could by the PS3 at launch and still be happy.   The games, ridge racer and heavenly sword, were more like glorfied PS2 games as devs hadn't pushed the PS3 yet. 

I'm wanting to get a PS4 but my PS3 game library is vast.  I will not be able to buy a PS4, upon launch, as I don't keep 2 systems at once and the initial offerings will also be on the PS3.   IF the PS4 was BC, or had a more expensive model that was BC, I would buy it on launch.  As it stands right now, from the limited real info we have, I won't be buying it at launch.  However, being an avid gamer, at some point I will buy a PS4.

Just figured I'd toss some sanity out there Smiley Tongue

Message 23 of 25 (43 Views)
MVP Support
13560 posts

Apr 22, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I'm wanting to get a PS4 but my PS3 game library is vast.  I will not be able to buy a PS4, upon launch, as I don't keep 2 systems at once and the initial offerings will also be on the PS3.  

Just figured I'd toss some sanity out there Smiley Tongue

Um, why not?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 25 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Apr 22, 2013

assyriandogboy93 wrote:

Well, they aught to, that's the only  real reason I bought a PS3, and, it's been out long enough, that if I sell it, it would probably lose me money, instead of maybe just breaking even (maybe even make me a buck, or two).

You've obviously never sold anything in your life....

You almost never, ever, sell something and get a profit from it..... Why? because of FAIR MARKET VALUE.... No one is going to buy your stuff if they can buy the same thing for less..... Certain conditions have to be met to actually make a profit on something like an electronic device.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 25 of 25 (34 Views)
0 Likes