Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 05/10/2012
Offline
426 posts
 

Re: My Open Letter to Sony

Jan 31, 2013

I agree with the Captain above me...you make 1 or 2 points about not having enough memory for the modern digital market, but whoa! Can't believe i read all this

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 11 of 25 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/03/2009
Offline
2664 posts
 

Re: My Open Letter to Sony

Jan 31, 2013

ThePunisher wrote:

TornadicInferno wrote:

im surprised they took it in the first place.   you voided your warranty and all "rights" as soon as you opened that ps3 and put your own stuff in.  if you read the warranty information or just search on here you would have known that.  

 

oh and you can only download it twice per system because people ruined that by game sharing games.  meaning, i log onto someones account, download a game i want, for nothing, log back out, BAM, free game.


I'm not defending the OP post... but you are wrong, upgrading the HDD doesn't void any warranty.  How would a process that the manufacture shows how to do in it's own product manual void a warranty?  The PS3 has product seals on the case... not the HDD compartment.

Bottom line and has already been stated; you should always keep your original drive around for this very reason.


exactly.  the second you break those seals to get inside voids it.  and where does sony themselves show how to do this?

 

Message 12 of 25 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3105 posts
 

Re: My Open Letter to Sony

Jan 31, 2013

TornadicInferno wrote:

ThePunisher wrote:

TornadicInferno wrote:

im surprised they took it in the first place.   you voided your warranty and all "rights" as soon as you opened that ps3 and put your own stuff in.  if you read the warranty information or just search on here you would have known that.  

 

oh and you can only download it twice per system because people ruined that by game sharing games.  meaning, i log onto someones account, download a game i want, for nothing, log back out, BAM, free game.


I'm not defending the OP post... but you are wrong, upgrading the HDD doesn't void any warranty.  How would a process that the manufacture shows how to do in it's own product manual void a warranty?  The PS3 has product seals on the case... not the HDD compartment.

Bottom line and has already been stated; you should always keep your original drive around for this very reason.


exactly.  the second you break those seals to get inside voids it.  and where does sony themselves show how to do this?

 


you don't break any warranty seals to just swap HDD's

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 13 of 25 (157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/14/2008
Offline
5002 posts
 

Re: My Open Letter to Sony

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

TornadicInferno wrote:
and where does sony themselves show how to do this?

 


In the users manual that came with your ps3.

Message 14 of 25 (156 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16939 posts
 

Re: My Open Letter to Sony

Jan 31, 2013

TornadicInferno wrote:  where does sony themselves show how to do this?

 


The users manual that comes with the PS3.... 

 

Here as well.... Make a big note at the beginning "Upgrading the HDD will not void the warranty, however, the consumer takes full responsibility when upgrading the HDD."


https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/362/kw/hdd%20upgrade

Furiously Chaosing
Message 15 of 25 (140 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 01/03/2009
Offline
2664 posts
 

Re: My Open Letter to Sony

Jan 31, 2013

ok then. i stand corrected

Message 16 of 25 (134 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/15/2007
Offline
6532 posts
 

Re: My Open Letter to Sony

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

TornadicInferno wrote:

ThePunisher wrote:

TornadicInferno wrote:

im surprised they took it in the first place.   you voided your warranty and all "rights" as soon as you opened that ps3 and put your own stuff in.  if you read the warranty information or just search on here you would have known that.  

 

oh and you can only download it twice per system because people ruined that by game sharing games.  meaning, i log onto someones account, download a game i want, for nothing, log back out, BAM, free game.


I'm not defending the OP post... but you are wrong, upgrading the HDD doesn't void any warranty.  How would a process that the manufacture shows how to do in it's own product manual void a warranty?  The PS3 has product seals on the case... not the HDD compartment.

Bottom line and has already been stated; you should always keep your original drive around for this very reason.


exactly.  the second you break those seals to get inside voids it.  and where does sony themselves show how to do this?

 


Your inability to completely read and understand a sentence is frightening.


     Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 17 of 25 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 10/18/2009
Offline
50 posts
 

Re: My Open Letter to Sony

Jan 31, 2013
I'm not going to criticise you for failing to read the small print. I rarely do unless it's part of my job, and to be honest, most people don't unless and until they need to. In fairness, maybe your friend could have returned the favour and grabbed you a second hand 80 gb drive, as it's not really for sony to subsidise favours to third parties in accepting stripped down products where the repair procedure invariably operates within a business model of its own. For myself, I would have liked (a) the ability to purchase brand new replacement parts from sony, even for discontinued SKUs, (b) a separate quote for an optional in-house repair; and (c) a decryption service where they transfer data from a dead console for a fee - idealistic and possibly screamingly expensive I know, but the 'refurb' option needs to go :-P
Message 18 of 25 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16939 posts
 

Re: My Open Letter to Sony

Jan 31, 2013

deepershades wrote:
I'm not going to criticise you for failing to read the small print. I rarely do unless it's part of my job, and to be honest, most people don't unless and until they need to. In fairness, maybe your friend could have returned the favour and grabbed you a second hand 80 gb drive, as it's not really for sony to subsidise favours to third parties in accepting stripped down products where the repair procedure invariably operates within a business model of its own. For myself, I would have liked (a) the ability to purchase brand new replacement parts from sony, even for discontinued SKUs, (b) a separate quote for an optional in-house repair; and (c) a decryption service where they transfer data from a dead console for a fee - idealistic and possibly screamingly expensive I know, but the 'refurb' option needs to go :-P

Thats a logistical nightmare in itself...

Furiously Chaosing
Message 19 of 25 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
Registered: 02/10/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: My Open Letter to Sony

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

[Quote]: "I’ve been a fan of the Playstation since the original grey box PSOne. Only now do I question my decision to stick with Sony. You remove other OS support, then backwards compatibility entirely, even rumors that the future "PS4" not being able to play "PS3" games. As well as patents for proprietary encrypted games and disc based DRM? You're pushing your customers against a wall here. As for me, I can only take so much before I decide you’re not worth my time and money. Everybody has these limits. No wonder people say "skip the consoles just go PC." This probably won't get anywhere but the trash bin or bait for Internet Trolls but whatever. I tried my best. Let’s see how much Sony listens."



I can, and DO support, and condone this remark.

 

This also inclines me to DEMAND that Sony restores the ability of the respective user to partition the HDD to dual boot the PS system, and an Other OS.

Message 20 of 25 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes