Wastelander
719 posts

Re: My Old PSP Games On The PS Vita

Feb 24, 2012

They should have all the games on the PSN, but it's not all Sony's fault. Sometimes it's the publisher.

I started buying my games digitally over 2 years ago, so I'm all set. It's your choice that you decided to buy UMD games instead so deal with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vita games: 35
Message 11 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Actually it's not totally my fault, I have bought a few digital but as I said previously, a LOT of the games I have on umd are not available digitally to download. I couldn't very well download digital content that isn't there could I? :-/

Message 12 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Feb 24, 2012

skie_s wrote:

It's totally unfair, yet again western gamers are being scr*wed. It's ok saying they're cheap enough to download off playstation network but A) we already bought them once B) most of the games are expensive that I have copies of $30+ and C) Most of the games I own on umd aren't even available on playstation network anyway! It's a huge let down. Is it really too much to ask to be able to convert my umd games to a digital copy? Seems like just another ploy to get more money out of their western customers to me :-/

I guess the japanese market has fewer used game sales, in the US Sony could say that once you prove you have the game and they give you your download code you could go on to resell it or lend it to a friend who could also get a free/discounted download.

You could have also bought it used which means that Sony or the games developer neveer recieved any money for that sale anyway so why should you get a free or discounted version.

Message 13 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 25, 2012

True but maybe they could work it on a barcode system or something where once the barcode has been scanned at a store and a digital copy code released, that barcode couldn't be used again and maybe tear or mark the  barcode as used or something? I'm sure there must be a fairer way around this issue somehow anyway.

Been looking and games I play that are actually available for download like Crimson Gem Saga and Final Fantasy IV are $29.99 to download. If they dropped them to the $9.99 of the conversion cost I may (grudgingly) pay it but so unfair to have to pay full price again. Also games like Hexyz Force has no digital download option at all :-(.  I just think its a real shame as the Vita had the potential to be the one system fits all system and I do think this has been a bit of a let down. I really hope Sony has a change of heart on this issue.

Message 14 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Feb 25, 2012

skie_s wrote:

True but maybe they could work it on a barcode system or something where once the barcode has been scanned at a store and a digital copy code released, that barcode couldn't be used again and maybe tear or mark the  barcode as used or something? I'm sure there must be a fairer way around this issue somehow anyway.

Been looking and games I play that are actually available for download like Crimson Gem Saga and Final Fantasy IV are $29.99 to download. If they dropped them to the $9.99 of the conversion cost I may (grudgingly) pay it but so unfair to have to pay full price again. Also games like Hexyz Force has no digital download option at all :-(.  I just think its a real shame as the Vita had the potential to be the one system fits all system and I do think this has been a bit of a let down. I really hope Sony has a change of heart on this issue.

The barcodes are not unique to each individual UMD, they only say what the games is so every copy of Kingdom Hearts has the same barcode.

Everybody asked for something like this when the PSPgo was released and Sony said they will look into it and nothing was done about it. They have had since the release of the PSPgo and when the PSVite first went into R&D to come up with something and they haven't so I doubt it ever will.

Message 15 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 25, 2012

If they did that, its basically like having two copies of the system. You could afterwards sell your disc to the store, or lend it to a friend and keep the downloaded version for yourself. If Sony were smart back then, they would have given a code to each UMD, that lets you register it online one time, and afterwards it can not be sold if it is registered.

Message 16 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Sony could offer a mail in trade in, mail back you umd and they email you download codes.

I know they won't but it's an option

Message 17 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1547 posts

Feb 25, 2012

I'd just like to access my download content and get it too myu PSVita, right now I can see it in my downloads but it won't download to my Vita nad anything on my PS3 won't transfer to my Vita.

It's such a pain to be told one thing and look forward to it only to be told to wait.  This will be my last SONY anything, I've tired of their inability to deliver what they promise.

Message 18 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Agent-0008 wrote:

I'd just like to access my download content and get it too myu PSVita, right now I can see it in my downloads but it won't download to my Vita nad anything on my PS3 won't transfer to my Vita.

It's such a pain to be told one thing and look forward to it only to be told to wait.  This will be my last SONY anything, I've tired of their inability to deliver what they promise.

What games are you trying to download? PSP titles? Only games tested by Sony are guaranteed to download and work, they are on the PSVita side of the PSN store. Read these forums for other games tested by users.

Message 19 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes