Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 11 2013
By: Excalibur0123 Uncharted Territory 1708 posts

My Frustration with PS Plus

15 replies 491 views Edited Feb 11, 2013

I like Playstation Plus for many reasons, first and probably the most popular reason being: free video games, I mean who doesn't like something thats free right? However in my personal opinion I have to say that the US region for PS Plus is extremely lacking in contrast to the EU region which gets some triple A titles such as Batman Arkham City, Sleeping Dogs, Mortal Kombat, Red Dead Redemption, etc. whereas the US Reigon is even lucky to get more than a single Retail game a month other than the default games such as inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One. When the US reigon does get a retail game, most of the time it is some cheap game that you could probably buy now for 10 maybe 15 bucks.

Now I feel as a consumer that if something is being put to it's full potential in one area and the area I am in is getting the cold shoulder so to speak, that this is unfair and wrong. I feel that if you are going to advertise "12 hit games for PS3" I should get a hit game like Arkham City, instead you give me a free game that I have never heard of such as "Anomaly", this is not fair advertising. 

Now I'm not one of those people who shrug off the indie titles, heck if we didn't have indie titles we might not have games like Slender or MineCraft both of which have become huge hits in pop culture. However when I pay 50 bucks for a service yearly I expect and want the best they can give, now if the EU region were in the same situation as the US region then I can understand the lack of popular game but, IMO like I said before, I feel that the EU is being treated royally whereas the US is being treated like a unknown second cousin.

I just wanted to get my frustrations out, and now they are (don't breathe them in they are probably carsenogenic). I like Playstation Plus I just wish that we could get better quality games.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (491 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4970 posts

Re: My Frustration with PS Plus

Feb 11, 2013
What's great about ps+ is the introduction to many games you've never heard of before. Anomaly being one of them; never heard of it but i tried it and really enjoyed playing it from ps+.

Not every update has to have these big hit titles; it's annoying to hear these complaints from time to time, people expect way too much out of the service.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

Did you actually give anomaly warzone a chance or did you not play it because you never heard of it? Also two seperate entites are responsible for the content in each region, its not like sony is purposely negotiating good titles for the EU and worse one for the US.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Feb 11, 2013

StraightUpLazy11 wrote:

Did you actually give anomaly warzone a chance or did you not play it because you never heard of it? Also two seperate entites are responsible for the content in each region, its not like sony is purposely negotiating good titles for the EU and worse one for the US.

I was just using Anomaly as an example and no I didn't play it I saw gameplay for and I didn't care for it :smileysad:. I know that Sony isn't purposely doing this I was just laying out some of my frustrations. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I agree 100%.  

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I would totally disagree with the complaining if it wasn't for the fact that EU really gets top selling games while the american PS+ gets lesser known games. Sony never promised to deliver a hit game per week, but if they can give it then why not?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Feb 11, 2013

tcheloco- wrote:

I would totally disagree with the complaining if it wasn't for the fact that EU really gets top selling games while the american PS+ gets lesser known games. Sony never promised to deliver a hit game per week, but if they can give it then why not?

I never said that they said every week however it is advertised that each of the games is a "hit". When I here a hit I think of Arkham City or Uncharted, not some indie game (Sorry if I came off as aggresive lol)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (432 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 12, 2013
The US has different copyright laws than EU does. Getting permission to put software online tends to be easier in EU than it is here in the US. The US has to purchase the rights to retail the game on the Internet, you ha e to get permission from the developer, and publisher, and then get a license to sell it online.

Another thing that stops the US from getting mainstream titles is the fact that here the companies are a lot more greedy than their counterparts in EU and are not willing to accept less royalty than what they get for a physical copy. Another thing could also be that the publisher might have a contract with Microsoft (since it has the majority marketshare here in the US) to make it so that the Xbox marketplace has exclusive rights to it's online sales.

It's like when Batman Arkum Asylum was developed. It was advertised on TV that it was a PS3 exclusive, but Microsoft paid Warner Bros enough money to break contract with Sony and pay the legal fees so that they could steal Playstation's exclusive.

All of these things could be stopping us US players from getting more mainstream titles than EU. Remember that Xbox has market majority in this country but Playstation has market majority in other countries. Businesses tend to side with what game system has the market majority.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (409 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Where did you get all of that info from?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Feb 12, 2013

probably the top dogs managing usplus are greedier than euplus and don't use our money to secure deals like the managers of eu

i don't have a pc i use ps3 browser
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (369 Views)
0 Likes