Feb 12 2014
By: Occhi07 Uncharted Territory 2032 posts

Music Unlimited question

[ Edited ]
10 replies 212 views Edited Feb 13, 2014

I want to try it for a month, but I don't want it to auto renew, and I know that for ps+ (on the ps3) I could turn auto renew off. I can't find how to turn it off on the ps4. So I was wondering if I could try it and in the app itself is the way to turn off auto renew, or I have to cancel the card after I put it down to start the trial

Thanks

EDIT: Edited label and updated title. Please review this post for more information on labels.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Message 1 of 11 (212 Views)
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Re: music unlimited question

Feb 12, 2014

If you dont have a credit card on your account infomation on your account you should be fine if you do just take it off and it wont be able to renew the subcription. Hope this helped.

Message 2 of 11 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Feb 12, 2014
Ok, so ill remove it once I enter it for subscription?
Message 3 of 11 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Feb 12, 2014

Yes you would that way it does not renew the subcription and you will not get chrged for it.

Message 4 of 11 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Feb 12, 2014
On ps4 go to settings> psn>account information> services list and you can cancel any auto renew subscription you have from there.
Message 5 of 11 (189 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

ProfaneGene wrote:
On ps4 go to settings> psn>account information> services list and you can cancel any auto renew subscription you have from there.

This is exactly how you do it.

You can also log-in to your account at http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and dig in there.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 11 (163 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Re: Music unlimited question

Feb 13, 2014
No need to remove your credit/debit card info. You won't be able to purchase anything on the Playstation store, or you won't be able to auto renew anything if there is something you actually want to auto renew (ps+, or a sub to dc universe etc.)
Message 7 of 11 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Music unlimited question

Feb 13, 2014

ProfaneGene wrote:
No need to remove your credit/debit card info. You won't be able to purchase anything on the Playstation store, or you won't be able to auto renew anything if there is something you actually want to auto renew (ps+, or a sub to dc universe etc.)

Logic dictates than when that situation occurs, you will re-enter your payment information or buy subscription cards.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 11 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Re: Music Unlimited question

Feb 13, 2014
Sure, but why go through the hassle if he only wants to cancel one thing on his account? What's the point of going through all the steps to delete cc info, just to have to re enter it later, when he could just as easily cancel the only thing he is saying he wants cancelled?
Message 9 of 11 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Music Unlimited question

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

ProfaneGene wrote:
Sure, but why go through the hassle if he only wants to cancel one thing on his account? What's the point of going through all the steps to delete cc info, just to have to re enter it later, when he could just as easily cancel the only thing he is saying he wants cancelled?

because not everyone is as trusting as you.

I don't keep my billing information on my account unless I want to buy something from the PS Store.

I'd rather spend the 2minutes it takes to enter my credit/debit card info when I want to buy something, instead of saving it.

What happens if someone finds out my email address and password and my payment info is still on the account? Did you know that they can lock me out of my own account by changing the password, and then buy whatever they want in the store with MY money until they max out my daily limit, at which time I am out a lot of money, and I am left to try and pick up the pieces?

Its called being cautionary with your private information.
The "inconvenience" of manually entering your info every time is safer than having it stored on an account. An account that can easily be compromised.

I tried it once with Pay Pal, and am still waiting for my $800 refund 2 years later, and I am still calling them once a month.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 10 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes