Reply
Apr 10 2013
By: W1Z4RDRY I Only Post Everything 891 posts
Offline

Muramasa Release Date--Vita

12 replies 118 views Edited Apr 10, 2013

I've always thought this game looked cool but never played it. I'll be picking this up and that collector's edition is pretty tempting. Who's going to grab this on release day/week?

 

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/vitas-muramasa-rebirth-gets-release-date-special-edition

 photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 1 of 13 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13580 posts
 

Re: Muramasa Release Date--Vita

Apr 10, 2013

Already played it on the Wii. Not really worth buying again

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 13 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
1508 posts
 

Re: Muramasa Release Date--Vita

Apr 10, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Already played it on the Wii. Not really worth buying again


Would you recommend for anyone that hasn't played it? About how long is it, and is there replay value?

 

I was going to ask if your character levels and if you find upgrades (either power ups or actual armors/weapons), but I can probably look that up myself.

 

I like the visual style, and like side scrolling games.

Message 3 of 13 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/10/2012
Offline
350 posts
 

Re: Muramasa Release Date--Vita

Apr 10, 2013
I would pay 40$ for games like soul sacrifice rather than side scrolling games.
Message 4 of 13 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13580 posts
 

Re: Muramasa Release Date--Vita

Apr 10, 2013

The game was pretty fun. The Wii version had a different control scheme obviously, but a good game overall.

 

The story itself isn't too long,  and can be beaten in a few hours. But there's a lot of collecting to be done (there's over 100 blades)

 

The only downside is that there's not a really good "warp" system.

 

Which means when you want to go to another area, you kinda have to walk all the way back where you came from.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 13 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
1508 posts
 

Re: Muramasa Release Date--Vita

Apr 10, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

The game was pretty fun. The Wii version had a different control scheme obviously, but a good game overall.

 

The story itself isn't too long,  and can be beaten in a few hours. But there's a lot of collecting to be done (there's over 100 blades)

 

The only downside is that there's not a really good "warp" system.

 

Which means when you want to go to another area, you kinda have to walk all the way back where you came from.


Hey thanks for responding.

 

 

Wonder if they got feedback on the original, and maybe implemented a warp system into this version, or if they did a direct port with just some control updates.

 

I take it, enemies don't respawn to at least keep thumb busy on these long walks?

Message 6 of 13 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13580 posts
 

Re: Muramasa Release Date--Vita

Apr 10, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

The game was pretty fun. The Wii version had a different control scheme obviously, but a good game overall.

 

The story itself isn't too long,  and can be beaten in a few hours. But there's a lot of collecting to be done (there's over 100 blades)

 

The only downside is that there's not a really good "warp" system.

 

Which means when you want to go to another area, you kinda have to walk all the way back where you came from.


Hey thanks for responding.

 

 

Wonder if they got feedback on the original, and maybe implemented a warp system into this version, or if they did a direct port with just some control updates.

 

I take it, enemies don't respawn to at least keep thumb busy on these long walks?


I would hope so. There are these items that return you to the last save point, but usually people do that for like, bosses.

 

And yeah, they tend to not respawn so that you end up walking an empty road you already cleared.

 

There's just no central hub or anything, which would've been nice. Or at least warp you somewhere closer to another destination after beating a boss.

 

Other than that though, the game is great. The visuals were excellent for a Wii game so the Vita version should be great.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 13 (93 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/21/2000
Offline
10011 posts
 

Re: Muramasa Release Date--Vita

Apr 10, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Already played it on the Wii. Not really worth buying again



same here i had it on Wii and it was cool but dont know if i would buy it again

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 8 of 13 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Muramasa Release Date--Vita

Apr 10, 2013

Watched a trailer...looks pretty sweet.

 

So it's basically a 2D hack-n-slash?

Message 9 of 13 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13580 posts
 

Re: Muramasa Release Date--Vita

Apr 10, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Watched a trailer...looks pretty sweet.

 

So it's basically a 2D hack-n-slash?


Well, it's RPG-like.

 

Think Castlevania 2D (like, SoTN) style.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 13 (80 Views)
Reply
0 Likes