Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 25 2012
By: Padrin0_ First Son 6 posts

Munch’s Oddysee HD Sound issues with Optical 5.1 Dolby Digital

[ Edited ]
5 replies 228 views Edited Dec 25, 2012

When I play this game and have Dolby Digital enabled on PS3, a lound beep plays and then audio cuts out. The loud beep is a digital error for sure and sounds like it could blow the speaker so thankfuly it cuts out. But you have do disable Dolby Digital in order to get this game to play with sound!!!!!

Anyone else having issues? I hope they fix this thing soon. This is very annoying.

Its also metioned here on this UK/Singstar PS3 forum. (odd place for it but I was able to find it)

http://community.singstar.com/t5/PlayStation-Store-Games/Oddworld-Munch-s-Oddysee-HD-NO-SOUND/td-p/1...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: Munch’s Oddysee HD Sound issues with Optical 5.1 Dolby Digital

Dec 26, 2012

it sounds awful. i deleted it, my surround sound sounded like it was popping and overblown on the left speaker. it was really bad, no other game i have does that. i cant believe they released it like that.

One day at a time babe....
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, the audio is a mess. Even after I dropped down to stereo the audio still pops and sounds aweful.  They really need to do better quality control here. The game also froze on my twice already. 

Seems they did a much better job with Strangers Wrath...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

The only bright side here is that no one will know the game even exists because the Sony store never highlighted it and it nearly impossible to find. The Sony store went from bad to worse as far as just finding the recent game releases.

I am very dissapointed in this release. I may even try to get my money back which is something I never do but they should know they really messed this one up.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 1, 2013

No anoucements of a patch etc. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Just logged in to say i agree with you guys, psn is now even more of a mess and so is this games audio!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (129 Views)
0 Likes