Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 29 2006
By: goofyreen~ First Son 1 posts

Multiple players online

12 replies 7 views Edited Nov 29, 2006
My husband and I both like playing online.  Is there any ps3 games where we can both be online together playing or is this a standard playstation practice to only allow one person froma console online at a time?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2208 posts

Re: Multiple players online

Nov 30, 2006
In NHL 2004, you could do it, but that is the only one I know of.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
596 posts

Nov 30, 2006
There are not many games where you can play two player online
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Nov 30, 2006
That is a feature that is very rare for any console, not just the playstation.

It is very unfortunate because I believe that would be used a lot.
"HAHAHAHAHAHahahahaha."
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2381 posts

Nov 30, 2006

Halaster wrote:

What are you talking abotu 360 lets you log on with a friend and play games online together ...

Look at Gears of War ... I could either play the game with a friend in CO-OP , They could log into there own name while im in my name and play the game together in the same home on the same XBOX ...

Same goes with Online games .. If you play online Gears of War you could play with your friends online as well ... I have been playing with my friends online all the time , My one friend and his brother play on the same XBOX under two diffrent names ...

The thing is SONY doesnt have standards for there online gaming ..

If they would tell the devolopers they need a standard for there games or for at least there online system , Like have just a few standards ...Like ...

• Invite friends from frineds list to join you in a game .. With a standard PS Network friends list ..
  • More co-op style games , All FPS or even 3PS could have a CO-OP system to them ... ARMY of ONE will be setup for both PS3 and XBOX360 ... I bet the 360 version will have section where you could play co-op on the same console , unlike the PS3 version .. can you say SOCOM ...

By the way SOCOM should have been the first game to do something like this , you can play 4 player online co-op , why not add in 4 player split screen co-op action to the game ..

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Nov 30, 2006
^^^^^^^ Great point. I'm a huge Sony fan, .. but I'm scratching my head over here while I play the X-Box 360 and watch my PS3 collect dust, ... wondering --- **bleep**?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
850 posts

Dec 1, 2006
yeah, it would be nice if i could just play with one of my friends online because i am getting sick of just playing co-op all the time
Owner of a 20 GB PS3, 4 controllers, Motorola H500 BT headset, Resistance: Fall of Man, Madden 2007, and Ridge Racer 7
PSN: Tnw51090

RESISTANCE F.O.M. --Games Played:614
Wins:408-----------------Losses:206
Kills:7920---------------Deaths:3827
Assists:2135------------Headshots:1202
Kill/Death:2.07--------MedalsEarned:18
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Dec 1, 2006
I think mostly all the games for the 360 are like that.  I know in Halo, GRAW, GOW, and I think  COD, you can log in as a guest and play with the main account user.

Add me to your friends list. My PSN ID: CONNNECTZ
Yes, I have a headset (H500)
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

Dec 1, 2006

• wrote:

Halaster wrote:

What are you talking abotu 360 lets you log on with a friend and play games online together ...

Look at Gears of War ... I could either play the game with a friend in CO-OP , They could log into there own name while im in my name and play the game together in the same home on the same XBOX ...

Same goes with Online games .. If you play online Gears of War you could play with your friends online as well ... I have been playing with my friends online all the time , My one friend and his brother play on the same XBOX under two diffrent names ...

The thing is SONY doesnt have standards for there online gaming ..

If they would tell the devolopers they need a standard for there games or for at least there online system , Like have just a few standards ...Like ...

• Invite friends from frineds list to join you in a game .. With a standard PS Network friends list ..
    • More co-op style games , All FPS or even 3PS could have a CO-OP system to them ... ARMY of ONE will be setup for both PS3 and XBOX360 ... I bet the 360 version will have section where you could play co-op on the same console , unlike the PS3 version .. can you say SOCOM ...

By the way SOCOM should have been the first game to do something like this , you can play 4 player online co-op , why not add in 4 player split screen co-op action to the game ..

More co-op style games , All FPS or even 3PS could have a CO-OP system to them ... ARMY of ONE will be setup for both PS3 and XBOX360 ... I bet the 360 version will have section where you could play co-op on the same console , unlike the PS3 version .. can you say SOCOM ...

you can do that at least on R:FoM

Message Edited by turnadzic on 11-30-2006 07:05 PM
PSN: NinjaGaru - G.A.P. - Join Gamefly.

nox01
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2381 posts

Dec 2, 2006

Connectz wrote:
I think mostly all the games for the 360 are like that.  I know in Halo, GRAW, GOW, and I think  COD, you can log in as a guest and play with the main account user.

Yeah you can , or if your frined has his own account he could log in at your home with his account and jsut use his name while playing with you . So 2 accounts can be used at the same time on the same console ..

As far as SONy and the PS3 goes , well its still new and really no games out for the SYSTEM yet . But how it looks  , They have the same setup like the 360 , just in a diffrent look ...

There is still a frineds list , and you do have mor then one user name for the console . Lets just hope that the DEVOLOPERS of the games see that there 360 games do well with Two player online system and do the same thing witht he PS3 version of the games ..
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes