Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 26 2013
By: Uncle-Remus Lombax Warrior 205 posts

Multiple PS4 systems and Playstation Plus

[ Edited ]
4 replies 229 views Edited Aug 26, 2013

Hello and if this question has been posed before I am sorry.

I am having trouble finding details out regarding ownership of multiple systems and how it works with the multiplayer restriction.

The scenario is that I will own 2 systems. One will be my core system and one will be in my den and will mainly be played by my kids.  With the current model there are no issues.

I am just trying to find out if I will need to buy him PS Plus or if My plus membership will cover the multiplayer for that machine? 

Any information would be great.

Thank you

Get your Portable ID!

PSN ID: Uncle-Remus
1TB PS4 250gb PS3
PS Vita

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Multiple PS4 systems and Playstation Plus

Aug 26, 2013

I don't as I only have 1 machine, but I would assume that you'd have to sign out on 1 machine in order to play the other online.

if you'd want to be able to multiplayer with him online you'd probably have to fork out the monthly fee for him.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

Have the account with ps plus on both systems should work. Only thing is both systems can't log into the same account at the same time. I also believe you can only have your account on 2 systems or 3 not too sure at one time, so don't go sharing it with friends or strangers.

I have used my account on both my systems and took benefit of ps plus. Ps plus games do not work on other accounts though. You must be logged into the ps plus account to access ps plus games.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Make your PSN account the primary account for one system, then log in with a secondary account.

On the other system, use another account as the primary account (not your PS+ account), then log in with your PS+ account as a secondary account.

This method will allow simultaneous online multiplayer access to both machines.  This will not work with more than two systems.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

Thanks for the reply,

I am running 2 PS3 systems right now and both access my PS Pluss games. My account is the primary on both machines though.

I do not plan to have more than 2 systems so I am just trying to find out how it would work with that setup.

PSN ID: Uncle-Remus
1TB PS4 250gb PS3
PS Vita

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (189 Views)
0 Likes