Feb 14 2013
By: TheDster Gaming Beast 2241 posts

Multiplayer trophys kill the games!

10 replies 111 views Edited Feb 14, 2013
I don't like them, I avoid them. Multiplayer is fun on occasion on console games. Trophy requirement to force people to play online if they want them all? It to me is no fun, I like 100percenting games and boxing them and playing a different one, the story is funniest part overall. Playing multiplayer is fun also, just not as fun as story. The story is what makes you think your riddick or kratos. If people like multiplayer they should have it on games that are, but there shouldn't be trophys. Would there really be as much multiplayer going on if there maybe, just not by some people. I do on occasion on some games with family and friends but its a reward at them times alone. Why make games for people that don't use it so much to be required to show we beat a game to 100percent? There's no point in it unless the developers want people to play only their games for years. That's PC games, just in case your confused, online passes and pay to play is PC RPGs such as Everquest and wow with online worlds and billions of people.
Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 1 of 11 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39173 posts

Re: Multiplayer trophys kill the games!

Feb 14, 2013

Discussed many times before, but I still agree with you.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 11 (100 Views)
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Feb 14, 2013
I hate multi player trophies. I got 70% all trophies for Modern warfare 2 and I was excited to get my 1st platinum trophy. Then come the **bleep** co-op multi player trophies. I couldn't get good people to play online with so I could get these trophies. Ended up not playing it anymore. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit also , **bleep** multi player trophies.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 3 of 11 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Feb 14, 2013
I agree with you. But sadly, mp trophies are here to stay, unless we stop buying games with those, I try to avoid them since I don't have a good internet connection right now, our wallets speak for ourselves.
Message 4 of 11 (87 Views)
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:
I agree with you. But sadly, mp trophies are here to stay, unless we stop buying games with those, I try to avoid them since I don't have a good internet connection right now, our wallets speak for ourselves.

Although I agree that MP trophies shouldn't be a requirement to Platinum a game, not buying a game just because it has MP trophies goes a bit far. I don't buy games for trophies. Those come second. I only care about trophies if the game in question is a good one, and worth the time to Platinum.

Message 5 of 11 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Feb 14, 2013

its about like guitar hero and to platinum them you have to do multiplayer and have the drums,mic etc.. but i bought GH not rockband...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 6 of 11 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Trophies give the game replay value Smiley Happy but I was getting 15mbs down with Verizon DSL for the past 18 months. Now Verizon has gimped me down to 2.2mb and I have lots of issues playing online because of it. Verizon said my line couldn't handle the fast continus internet so I got screwed.
Message 7 of 11 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Feb 14, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Trophies give the game replay value Smiley Happy but I was getting 15mbs down with Verizon DSL for the past 18 months. Now Verizon has gimped me down to 2.2mb and I have lots of issues playing online because of it. Verizon said my line couldn't handle the fast continus internet so I got screwed.

you must have other issues then because 2.2mb is plenty enough speed for gaming...i used to only about get between that and 3 and never had any issues...you must have high ping times because technically even 768kb's would be plenty as long as the ping is good......i have heard of many complaints though from verizon users that when their actual speed slows down their ping goes up so sounds like your issue as well...you wanna fix the issue?? send 220 volts threw the line and burn up the DSLAM..LOL

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 8 of 11 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Well I don't have issues with my PS3 because its wired to my router, but my Vita has issues. Always getting kicked out of online games or never connecting at all.
Message 9 of 11 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Well really my issue is I was getting 15mb down/ 1mb up. Now getting 2.2mb down/ 168kbs up. I never had any issues until they dropped my speed. When I play ether my PS3 or Vita, my wife would ether watch Netflix on our TV or her laptop, but with the slow speeds I have now, if she's watching something on her laptop or TV using the internet, I can never play online.
Message 10 of 11 (64 Views)
0 Likes