Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2012
By: BiWinnning First Son 6 posts

Multiplayer on PS Vita?

4 replies 189 views Edited Jan 15, 2012

I know you can use WIFI and play with friends/other people-- to an extent. I want to know what that extent is exactly. My question is: Will you be able to play with other people on certain games (like Call of Duty, Battle field, Starwars Battlefront, etc.) at the same time? I don't want to JUST (for example,) Play golf with a friend, take a shot and then wait for him the next day to take a shot. I want to know if I can play first person shooters with other people or play soccer at the same time with/against another person. HAS THIS BEEN CONFIRMED? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Multiplayer on PS Vita?

Jan 15, 2012

BiWinnning wrote:

I know you can use WIFI and play with friends/other people-- to an extent. I want to know what that extent is exactly. My question is: Will you be able to play with other people on certain games (like Call of Duty, Battle field, Starwars Battlefront, etc.) at the same time? I don't want to JUST (for example,) Play golf with a friend, take a shot and then wait for him the next day to take a shot. I want to know if I can play first person shooters with other people or play soccer at the same time with/against another person. HAS THIS BEEN CONFIRMED? Thanks!

yes there is local multiplayer  and online multiplayer. there is online co-op multiplayer and there is online competitive online.

you are covered.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 15, 2012

Awesome thanks!! I will get it then! =D

also, If I buy a PSP game for the PS Vita, (Like Starwars Battlefront 2, or Battle field bad company 2,) will I be able to play competetive multiplayer on it as well? Or just newer PS Vita games? (I never owned a PSP)

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 15, 2012

BiWinnning wrote:

Awesome thanks!! I will get it then! =D

also, If I buy a PSP game for the PS Vita, (Like Starwars Battlefront 2, or Battle field bad company 2,) will I be able to play competetive multiplayer on it as well? Or just newer PS Vita games? (I never owned a PSP)

no Idea how it will work on the psp side will know though you can still do local multiplayer though.  also so you know little big planet for the ps vita has some games where you can play verse someone else on the same screen.

I do have to say though that most of the psp games did not really have online support. you had to use your ps3 to be a server and all that jazz. since I did not have a ps3 I did not do any of that. also the psp games that did have online support not sure if there servers are still up. after awhile with all online games on consoles they turn off the servers after awhile.

so Im not fully sure how the psp online competitive multiplayer will work. local completive or otherwise you will be fine as long as the game supported it.

hope that info helps.  just know the 3G only part of the 3G model only supports turn based online games, but also remember that the 3G model also has wifi built in.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 15, 2012

You will obviously need Wi-Fi to play online as 3G doesn't support it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (189 Views)
0 Likes