Jan 25 2012
By: remanutd5 Treasure Hunter 7393 posts

Multiplayer demos ? multiplayer betas?

8 replies 617 views Edited Jan 25, 2012

ok i have played the ps vita and its like having a portable ps3 on your hands , it has full psn integration , cross game chat , online chat , messages , trophies , notifications and the like , how about sony treating the ps vita like a portable ps3 and do what they do with certain online games? how about adding multiplayer demos on psn ? we know Resistance Burning Skies will support online muliplayer , how about a beta? i mean they are saying that the vita will be the ultimate connected handheld device then there you go , make it the online multiplayer handheld console to own , i mean everything is there , the hardware , the support , psn , so how about that? what do you guys think? they want that 3G/ 4G in the future version to take advantage then i think things like these need to happen

Message 1 of 9 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Re: Multiplayer demos ? multiplayer betas?

Jan 25, 2012

multiplayer demos/betas are (I believe) up to the devs on what they want to put out. I don't think sony has any intention of 3g/4g being the future that's why you still need WiFi to play multiplayer games or downloading any heavy duty games. 3g (at least on the vita) is meant for near and social features in certian games (small items).

Message 2 of 9 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Jan 25, 2012

if i remember correctly an AT&T spokeperson said ( at CES 2012 ) that there will be a 4G LTE vita version in the future and sony has so many first / second party online games coming to vita so if they are promoting the vita to be the ultimate connected handheld device why not adding some multiplayer demos like wipeout 2048 or Little Big Planet on psn ? how about a Resistance Burning Skies beta ? all of them are sony games , i mean the psp never really had psn integration but the vita does and it does things that even the great ps3 doesnt so ... why not?

Message 3 of 9 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Well lets just wait and see I don't see (I just ordered the wifi verison) the need for sony to charge another 50$ once that 4G LTE launches because that'll probably be 399$

Message 4 of 9 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Jan 25, 2012

eaglefan129 wrote:

Well lets just wait and see I don't see (I just ordered the wifi verison) the need for sony to charge another 50$ once that 4G LTE launches because that'll probably be 399$

can they used the same card on the 3G version ?

Message 5 of 9 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Multiplayer demos and betas are certainly possible but as already mentioned its up to the developers and publishers.

Message 6 of 9 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Jan 25, 2012

BlackKnightJP wrote:

Multiplayer demos and betas are certainly possible but as already mentioned its up to the developers and publishers.

of course they are possible , everything they need is there this time not like the psp and lack of psn integration so might as well take advantage of vita's online capabilites dont you think ?

Message 7 of 9 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Jan 25, 2012

yeah, It's not luck that games with betas have a better multiplayer than games that don't..  I think they should offer betas for Resistance, Call of Duty, Kill zone etc on the Vita

Message 8 of 9 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Jan 25, 2012

submission44 wrote:

yeah, It's not luck that games with betas have a better multiplayer than games that don't..  I think they should offer betas for Resistance, Call of Duty, Kill zone etc on the Vita

that would be a smart idea on sony's part , they would probably get more sales out of those betas , how about Little Big Planet online multiplayer demo ? wipeout 2048 online multiplayer demo ? reality fighters online multiplayer demo ? they would most likely get more sales / fan base for those games

Message 9 of 9 (617 Views)
0 Likes