Jul 09 2013
By: JonathanCarabalo Lombax Warrior 220 posts

Multi-core Programming on Playstation 4

10 replies 522 views Edited Jul 9, 2013

At first, I found such a concept as "Multi-Core Programming on Playstation 4" to be a slightly unapproachable concept, but then I eventually mastered the concept. 

What I did for Playstation 4, was implement the following CPU architecture:

Optimized Multi-Core CPU:

8 x86 Jaguar AMD cores

A local memory amounting to 512 Kbytes of SRAM, for each core

A shared, 4 MB L2 SRAM cache for all 8 cores

32 Kbytes of L1 data cache per core

128 KBytes of the L2 SRAM is reserved for use as a shared global local memory

32 MB of on-chip EDRAM local memory - connected to the SRAM cache

At least a 50 GB/s bus to the main memory bus

I also designed a multi-core optimization software, with the following characteristics:

Multi-Core Optimization Software:

-Runs alongside The Game/program

-Creates a tree of methods/kernels/threads, and accesses to all the methods and variables

-Methods with little other dependencies, as high on the list as possible, is divided to the several processors

-Local global memory is automatically used for synchronization purposes, and for storing often-used global variables

Thus the art of Multi-Core Programming and optimization was fully mastered by me.  The 32 MB of local memory serve to off-load work from the main memory - which is being used for the GPU.  The local memory for each CPU, allows for each CPU to work on its own data set, apart from main memory.  The Software optimizer allows for each use of all 8 cores.  Perfect.  

The 2.0 ghz, 8 core AMD processor can theoretically process enormous quantities of data - millions of in-game players, or realistic physics simulations with fully destructable environments.  In fact, sources tell me, both have already been implemented, and will be released for Playstation 4 at or near launch.

Message 1 of 11 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: Multi-core Programming on Playstation 4

Jul 9, 2013

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

At first, I found such a concept as "Multi-Core Programming on Playstation 4" to be a slightly unapproachable concept, but then I eventually mastered the concept. 

What I did for Playstation 4, was implement the following CPU architecture:

Optimized Multi-Core CPU:

8 x86 Jaguar AMD cores

A local memory amounting to 512 Kbytes of SRAM, for each core

A shared, 4 MB L2 SRAM cache for all 8 cores

32 Kbytes of L1 data cache per core

128 KBytes of the L2 SRAM is reserved for use as a shared global local memory

32 MB of on-chip EDRAM local memory - connected to the SRAM cache

At least a 50 GB/s bus to the main memory bus

I also designed a multi-core optimization software, with the following characteristics:

Multi-Core Optimization Software:

-Runs alongside The Game/program

-Creates a tree of methods/kernels/threads, and accesses to all the methods and variables

-Methods with little other dependencies, as high on the list as possible, is divided to the several processors

-Local global memory is automatically used for synchronization purposes, and for storing often-used global variables

Thus the art of Multi-Core Programming and optimization was fully mastered by me.  The 32 MB of local memory serve to off-load work from the main memory - which is being used for the GPU.  The local memory for each CPU, allows for each CPU to work on its own data set, apart from main memory.  The Software optimizer allows for each use of all 8 cores.  Perfect.  

The 2.0 ghz, 8 core AMD processor can theoretically process enormous quantities of data - millions of in-game players, or realistic physics simulations with fully destructable environments.  In fact, sources tell me, both have already been implemented, and will be released for Playstation 4 at or near launch.

More proof so I dont think its copy n' paste?

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 11 (519 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

The 2.0 ghz, 8 core AMD processor can theoretically process enormous quantities of data

The tag-line for every CPU and GPU that has come before...... Even used for 3DFX's VooDoo line of graphics cards....

NOTHING, you have posted tells us anything that we don't already know..... And usually, its just crap that you copy & pasted from another forum or blog/news site.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 11 (510 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

What the hell are you guys arguing about? All I need to know is that my PC is geared up ready for the new console ports. (which it is thank you).

=)

Message 4 of 11 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1882 posts

Jul 10, 2013

How did you do this?  What software are you using?

Message 5 of 11 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Mombaa69 wrote:

What the hell are you guys arguing about? All I need to know is that my PC is geared up ready for the new console ports. (which it is thank you).

=)

You won't be using your PC to play exclusive PS4 games tho... so rather moot point doncha think?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 11 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Sadaiyappan wrote:

How did you do this?  What software are you using?

Ignore him.... he has NO idea what hes talking about

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 11 (422 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Jul 10, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Mombaa69 wrote:

=)

You won't be using your PC to play exclusive PS4 games tho... so rather moot point doncha think?

moot. Such a funny word.

Message 8 of 11 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 10, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

More proof so I dont think its copy n' paste?

Nope, have no proof.  Wait - "if it was copy n' paste"?  Don't you mean, "so we don't think you made it up?"  If I copy and pasted it from somewhere else, it might be real.  Unless you're referring to my high verbal capacity. 

Message 9 of 11 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 10, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

The 2.0 ghz, 8 core AMD processor can theoretically process enormous quantities of data

The tag-line for every CPU and GPU that has come before...... Even used for 3DFX's VooDoo line of graphics cards....

NOTHING, you have posted tells us anything that we don't already know..... And usually, its just crap that you copy & pasted from another forum or blog/news site.

As opposed to the crap you usually copy and paste from other sites.  Whose would be better? 

Message 10 of 11 (395 Views)
0 Likes