Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 19 2011
By: gamechaser001 Lombax Warrior 105 posts

Moving game save to different account

6 replies 54 views Edited Jan 19, 2011

My brother is itching to play the PS3 right now on the very game we are having trouble with, so the sooner I get the answer, the better (and the sooner he stops screaming at me)

My brother accidentally started his game (Assasans Creed II) on my account, and proceded to save on my account (funny how accounts aren't password protected on the XMB ), he just noticed just now that his game was saved on my account

I just noticed that Asassans Creed II has copy protected game saves (honestly, what's the point to copy protect something with no monetary value?), so copying the game save is obviously out of the question

Is there any possible way to transfer his game save from my account to his (I don't care if it's deleted from my account, I just want it on his), he doesn't want to start from the beginning, but at the same time, I don't want him saving his games on my account, obviosuly Sony must have included SOME say to transfer saves from one account to another, haven't they?

**Signature taken a booty by Sushi_Pirate**
Message 1 of 7 (54 Views)
MVP Support
6482 posts

Re: Moving game save to different account

Jan 19, 2011

Games saves are locked to prevent game sharing.  The only way I can think of transferring the save file is through the data transfer utility, however that will transfer EVERYTHING on your PS3 to his PS3, and everything on his PS3 will be deleted, if I'm correct.

You could try backing up your PS3 to an external HDD, doing the transfer (if he doesn't mind erasing his data), then restoring the backup on your PS3 so you don't lose any of your data.  Never tried this, so I can't guarantee it would work.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 2 of 7 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jan 19, 2011

Doesn't sound like they have two systems to do a Data Transfer.

But whatever you decide to try, the gamesave is tied to your account.  Your bro will either have to finish it on your account or have to start a new gamesave on his account.

Sony originally let you copy your gamesaves from one account to another.  But features like Trophies (which everyone just had to have) made that impractical.  Other devs lock the gamesaves for various reasons.

Message 3 of 7 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 20, 2011

Not sure how you got the idea how there was 2 PS3's, I don't see how it would be an accident to put a Blu-Ray game disc into a wrong PS3, like Solar_Difusion said, it's all on the same PS3

The problem is, my account is the primary (first created) account on the PS3 (and only PSN activated account on the system), because of this, when the PS3 is started, the first accessable (topmost) account is mine (meaning if you start up the PS3, press the PS button, then press the X button, it logs into my account), his account is right below my account

Being the PS3 has no password or "are you sure?" screen, if you are in a hurry to do something, you don't pay attention to the names or login avatars, you just want to access the XMB as fast as you can in order to play some new game you got, well, this is exactly what happened to my brother, he just got Asassans Creed II and was itching to play it as soon as he got it (all he could think of was the game), so he wasn't paying attention and selected my account by pressing X instead of selecting his by pressing down then X, he didn't notice till yesterday that he was playing on my account, and by then it was already too late

I asked him first if he could start over on his account and he said that he went far in the game and wasn't willing to start over, being that he doesn't want to start over, but I don't want his game save on my account, it would be nice to move his game save to his account if possible

On a side note, what exactly is game sharing (game save wise), and why is it such a big problem?

**Signature taken a booty by Sushi_Pirate**
Message 4 of 7 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 23, 2011

i have the same problem, but its a huge problem, cause for example say your 15th pre on black ops, you can keep sharing it and let other people be 15th :/

Message 5 of 7 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3127 posts

Aug 30, 2011

I have a similar problem with a dif. game... I often hold a woman's only Rockband night in my building and had to make an account just for this, one of the woman that plays is thinking about getting her own Ps3, stuff like this makes me wish there was sign in on local systems... like two dif acocunts co op so they could both get thier save data on the same ps3, not exactly the same idea, yet it would be nice if I could give her all the work she already did in Rockband when she gets her system, I could give her that account yet its tied to my personal info...

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
575 posts

Aug 31, 2011

almost all game saves are locked to whatever account that created the file so your brother has no choice but too replay from the start, its stops people cheating which is a good thing

invision2212 Trophy Card
Message 7 of 7 (54 Views)
0 Likes