Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 11 2012
By: FamedRolemodel Lombax Warrior 91 posts

Move needs games.. Ideas??

15 replies 448 views Edited Sep 11, 2012

Hello everybody, I'm creating this thread for some PSMove ideas. I personally feel that they don't make any games that hasn't been made before. The only Move game that I find decent would be The Fight: Lights Out. Although I feel that they could do a better job with the game, mainly with the calibration. Sports Champions is okay too. The rest are either normal games that add in the Move feature (which sucks since they never focused on move features completely) and dancing games, which isn't much of a surprise anymore.

Slowly and slowly I seem to be drifting away from PSMove. It's mainly because there's no options for me to choose. I'm not saying they don't have games period.. Sure, they have a whole shelf of games. And yes this is very opinionated. But for me, MOST of these games are one in the same. As I stated before.. I've only found one game I actually enjoyed, aside from Sports Champions. It's different, fun, and a great work out.

I think it would be nice to spice up the genres here. Add some type of flare with this feature, instead of just adding on the feature to regular games. I really feel like we should get more exclusive Move games, good ones..

I'm curious what your take is on this?

Agree? Disagree?

What do you think they should come up with??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 1 of 16 (448 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3638 posts

Re: Move needs games.. Ideas??

Sep 15, 2012

True the number of move games is few but we still got some to look forward to. LBP Karting and Sports Champions 2 are coming this year and the new game Until Dawn looks very promising.

Message 2 of 16 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Mercenary09 wrote:

True the number of move games is few but we still got some to look forward to. LBP Karting and Sports Champions 2 are coming this year and the new game Until Dawn looks very promising.

I agree. I haven't checked out "Until Dawn" yet, but I'll be sure to do that. But I would like to see more exclusive games for Move. What I mean by that is them coming out with a game that requires you to have the Move. LBP may be fun and all, but it's just another original game featering the Move. Sports Champions isn't too bad. I'm just afraid it won't be much different than the first, aside from being able to do new / more sports. We need something new, I really do hope they start focusing on it, I'm starting to feel as though I wasted my money.  =/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 3 of 16 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9707 posts

Sep 26, 2012
Motion controller games are best with simple sports games like those found in the Wii Sports games. Ever wonder why Wii Sports is so much fun? Because it is fun. It's fun because the way the game is made, it doesn't look very 'kiddie' and has games that are actually fun played with a motion controller. Games like bowling, baseball, golf to name a few. And the implementation of the wii-remote works better than the more precise PS Move. Take bowling for example huge fun for all ages on the Wii, a game from 2006, how about on the PS3? Wait there is none. But there is High Velocity Bowling which has been patched for Move support. Play it and be the judge, there is no accurate way to bowl with the Move in this game because it was designed for the Sixaxis, which works well, but Move doesn't at all, it' doesn't track your arm position, only swing speed/velocity. How about swinging your Move like a baseball bat, no simple baseball game like 2006's Wii Sports which also lets you pitch too. And apparently Sports Champions 2 doesn't have baseball either, it does have bowling so here's to hoping it will have 1 to 1 swing mechanics. Sony doesn't see what motion controllers are good at and thinks we want sharpshooter attachments to play FPS games with a Move, we don't. Release some simple but still good sports games like Wii Sports/Resort. Will I get Sports Champions 2, probably because I like PS3 and motion controller games.
Message 4 of 16 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Sep 26, 2012

cobrafang wrote:
Motion controller games are best with simple sports games like those found in the Wii Sports games. Ever wonder why Wii Sports is so much fun? Because it is fun. It's fun because the way the game is made, it doesn't look very 'kiddie' and has games that are actually fun played with a motion controller. Games like bowling, baseball, golf to name a few. And the implementation of the wii-remote works better than the more precise PS Move. Take bowling for example huge fun for all ages on the Wii, a game from 2006, how about on the PS3? Wait there is none. But there is High Velocity Bowling which has been patched for Move support. Play it and be the judge, there is no accurate way to bowl with the Move in this game because it was designed for the Sixaxis, which works well, but Move doesn't at all, it' doesn't track your arm position, only swing speed/velocity. How about swinging your Move like a baseball bat, no simple baseball game like 2006's Wii Sports which also lets you pitch too. And apparently Sports Champions 2 doesn't have baseball either, it does have bowling so here's to hoping it will have 1 to 1 swing mechanics. Sony doesn't see what motion controllers are good at and thinks we want sharpshooter attachments to play FPS games with a Move, we don't. Release some simple but still good sports games like Wii Sports/Resort. Will I get Sports Champions 2, probably because I like PS3 and motion controller games.

I agree 100%

I do recommend a Move game for you, though. Called "The Fight: Lights Out".

By far the best move game, in my opinion. Sports Champions is always fun, but I prefer playing that with other people.

Move does need to come out with more sports games. But it would be pretty nice to have an actual shooting game, I had a gun to put the move controller in, thinking they would come up with exclusive move games for it. I have yet to see it.

But on a more important subject, as you stated. They need to at least focus on sport games or something of that nature. Really anything except another dance game or a regular game with a "Move Feature".

(Not saying I don't like any of the dance games but there's far too many!)

Photobucket
Message 5 of 16 (403 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I did see the trailer for Until Dawn it is a little interesting. Although it's scare factor is based on teen horror films. I was hoping to see more of a scare like Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, or Juon, I think the future of Move is pretty bleak. I mean most of the games that the Sony releases are from the Wii. Although I don't mind that because I've always wanted to play Resident Evil Chronicles HD.

Message 6 of 16 (380 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3638 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Also, make sure to check out The Unfinished Swan on October 23rd or October 16th if your a plus member. It can be played with either Move or Dualshock but its gonna be a great game!

Message 7 of 16 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Particularly, and I dunno if maybe there are already some or a lot out by now and I'm just somehow missing/are unfamiliar with them, I'd like to see more shooters that follow an fps-rail hybrid (optional) scheme. (also tps even though fps is more or less my preference)  If perhaps anyone is able to recommend me anything, or upcoming, here's the general rundown of fps I'm mostly familiar with, kinda oldschoolish, but: Doom (classics), Duke Nukem 3D Atomic, Unreal Tournament, I gave Quake 4 on XBox 360 a shot, Halo. (all of em, which happens to be my current addiction)  So yea, I'm pretty much/overall a sci-fi fps kinda guy and been kinda wanting to move away form dual analogs with that for a while and see what kinda challenge I face via PS Move and Nav from accurate/realistic aiming, online multiplayer-wise, if anyone has any recommendations.

Message 8 of 16 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Why? So people can complain its crap for move? Then if it supports Move and DS3 people can say Move sucks because it has no games? 

People will never be happy with Move. So I just play what comes for  it, which is plenty enough for me. Still hope for a real Ape Escape for it though. 

Message 9 of 16 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Oct 10, 2012

So I just checked out "Until Dawn" and I'm loving it so far. Just for lack of research, does anybody know when this will be released?? I'm looking for a horror game and obviously a Move game that is actually different. So this one matches up pretty well for me, I'm very pumped for this game and hope they continue to do different things like this.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 16 (312 Views)
0 Likes