Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
7920 posts

Re: Motorstorm RC: You Get What You Paid For

Mar 12, 2012

I finally managed to medal every event (I only need about 10 golds and 6 silvers to triple medal everything) to unlock the final car type.

If you think the Rally and Muscle cars are insane, just wait until you unlock the Super Car.

It's like trying to control a rocket.  Seriously, those things must go from 0 to 250 in a couple of seconds.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 85 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Mar 12, 2012

The supercar was difficult at first but once you get used to it, it is pretty simple. It took me a little while but i finally platinumed the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 85 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1199 posts

Mar 12, 2012

I race real RC trucks and have for over 15 years. This game is VERY realistic as to the way the cars drive. Blaming the controls will not help you win. Blaming the car will not help you win. The fastest available car for a giving race is not necessarily going to be the fastest. Here's one tip I give newbie racers and if they listen, they'll have fun and win more. If not, they lose and cry and whine and give up: "Slower Is Faster". In any kind of racing, if you can't control the car, it's ALL on you and you alone. If the front half of your car touches ANYTHING, it is your fault and yours alone. In two days I've burned through half the trophies. The cars are ALL easy to beat if you drive slower and be smooth. In real RC racing, if you bobble or hit someone, your chance of winning is gone and you have no one to blame but yourself. If RC was easy, everyone would do it and then it would be boring.

semajmarc87 wrote:

May I remind everyone that this is a rc (radio-controlled) car game, not a full sized car game. The controls in this game are exactly like a rc car (a forward and back joystick and a left and right joystick). I'm not a fan of the controls in this game but they weren't difficult to learn like some of you say. They even had an "alternative" control scheme to make it easier. Two good things so far about the game is that I earned a trophy and the game was free. The game seems slightly frustraing and repetitive although it's kinda fun in short bursts. Overall I'd rate it a 6/10 (I may be being a little generous). Now I'm debating wether this game is worth the space on my memory stick.

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 85 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Still loving this game. Would have gladly paid for it!

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 85 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Mar 14, 2012

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

I'm not trying to troll or anything because I'm sure many of you feel the same way. I was greatly looking forward to this game until I played it. I'm beyond disappointed.

Wow! The controls are terrible! Honestly, it doesn't even feel like a video game much less a Motorstorm game. It's definitely not worthy of the franchise name. I sure am hoping they make a REAL Motorstorm game for the Vita. But Motorstorm RC is free, so what you do expect right? What do you think of the game?

- ScreamAimFire999

Please visit my PlayStation blog at playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

LIke Any Game it takes some getting used to it.  I love the game, and with view changes its alot of fun!!  I love that I have the PS3 version and can just pick up and play there; and there its on 3D!  This is a really fun game.  Reminds me of the old NES Rc ProAm game!  Very fun!!  Sorry you didn't enjoy it.  Oh and let me give you a quick piece of advice; use the BRAKES!  like any car it turns better when you slow down use the brakes!

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 85 (11 Views)
0 Likes