First Son
26 posts

Re: Motorstorm RC: You Get What You Paid For

Mar 9, 2012

Personally I love this game. Really fun and addicting.  Controls take a while to get used to but thats the case with alot of games. Im also really excited about the DLC RC Cars. I was hoping they would do that when i heard about the title. Now the only i wish for is some cross-title themed dlc for example some twisted metal rc cars would be amazing.

Message 71 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Mar 10, 2012

If you do like it then that's good. All I was doing was stating my opinion as I asked many others to do.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 72 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Mar 11, 2012

You got the game for free get over it!

This is one of the easiest games i have ever played and even if it was a shit game it didn't cost a cent...

The controlls took maybe 5 minutes to get use to after that I was golden getting 3 medals on every race.

No matter what people get for free they always complain.

Message 73 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11145 posts

Mar 11, 2012

If you think the muscle cars are hard to control, just wait until you unlock the 'Super Car'.  O.o

That being said, the Muscle Cars slide around for a purpose.  All of the Muscle Car events are drifting events.  Basically, drifting is a semi-controlled slide around a corner to score points.  Some tracks, it is quite possible, though hard to accomplish, to drift around the entire course.

Message 74 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Mar 11, 2012

The controls feel weird to start with, but with some practice it begins to get a bit easier. Some of the maps I tried were easier to manuever than others. I gave this a 7/10 in my MVP review. I only played the free Vita version, but from what I understand there's only Split Screen and Multi-player on the PS3. The Vita version allows you to compete against your friends at your convience. It's not true multi-player but you can see the times of your friends and you can try to beat theirs.

It's not a bad game, but it's not my type. This is one of those games you play for the fun factor. If you're having fun, you'll play it a lot. If you aren't into the game, you'll dislike it quite a bit.

Message 75 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11145 posts

Mar 11, 2012

I will admit that whoever made the design decision that EVERY time there is a collision between cars, the player's car loses, needs to be taken out back and SHOT.  It's almost game breaking.

Message 76 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Mar 11, 2012

lol, just the overhead cam was able to give it away.

People knew it was going to be shit when they saw that.

Ever heard of re-volt?

It's arguably the best rc car game out there, and it was on 1st gen consoles...

Message 77 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11145 posts

Mar 11, 2012

To follow up this post, I just forced an AI car to miss a jump.  It then proceeded to 'reset' ahead of me going full speed.

Message 78 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Yet another ignorant comment. Like price has anything to do with it. This game won't be free for long. It will cost money soon. Then what? Your post looks even more stupid? Yup.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 79 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Mar 12, 2012

I have been following these control issue threads for MS RC sicne its release into the world.

I can say as an RC racer that the basic control layout is acurate to RC cars. (Unless you use the steering wheel controllers). I find that the controllers match fairly well.

My gripe is with the Rally cars and the muscle cars. The drifting is inconsistant and overblown. Short of racing on waxed linoleum you are not going to get a spin as I suffer on nearly everyturn in one of those class of cars. Racing street class cars you run sticky slick tires, giving a more Nascar car/Indy car type of control. This inconsistancy has made it all but impossible for me to complete any of those challenges in the festival. Races I beat in a single attempt in a mini or a truck, I can barely complete with one of the sliding nightmares.

The other down turn I have seen is the exagerated effects of impacts on the player cars vs AI cars. Coming to a near stop everytime I touch anyting while the opponents bump and run at full speed cost me several attempts on several runs.

Overall I like the game and am having fun with it, but I really want to get this drifting issue fixed so I can run these last few events under my belt without having to pay for the unlock.

Alacrity

AlacrityFitz Trophy Card
Message 80 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes