Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Re: Motorstorm RC: You Get What You Paid For

Mar 8, 2012

KnightsOnline wrote:

I love the game it's quite fun and different from the conventional MotorStorm which I enjoy too.  The controls in regular are fine and I got used to them right away.  I like it better then pressing a button down, I think that's why people hate them.  It gives you more control to slow down a bit and cut a turn better.  It's free so I really can't complain...

yea im a huge motorstorm fan and i thought i wasnt gonna like RC that much but to my surprise im actually loving it lol , got both versions to help Evolution out , hope to see a proper Motorstorm game on the vita though

Message 61 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Yes the game kinda makes me mad with the controls, and the camera angles are just bad too. But i still think its pretty fun, i have gotten used to it and i am making progress through the game.

Also its a free full game, and it has trophies, what more can you ask for?

Message 62 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Mar 8, 2012

I'm just wondering, will it stay free? If not, when will it be for money again?

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 63 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Mar 8, 2012

I originally said it would help me pass time, BUT after putting a little time into it, I am really enjoying it. I would say to anyone who made their opinion about "bad controls" after only playing in the park, that you really need to give a race a try. I am not sure why but it seemed much easier to me to control while racing. I'm now racking up the trophies and having a fun competition over trophies and times with some new found friends I made using the Near app, so life is good!

Message 64 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
626 posts

Mar 8, 2012

oatmealbone wrote:

I originally said it would help me pass time, BUT after putting a little time into it, I am really enjoying it. I would say to anyone who made their opinion about "bad controls" after only playing in the park, that you really need to give a race a try. I am not sure why but it seemed much easier to me to control while racing. I'm now racking up the trophies and having a fun competition over trophies and times with some new found friends I made using the Near app, so life is good!

I too am enjoying it, if it was not free, i wouldn't have considered purchasing it, i tried a psp motorstorm game demo some time ago, did not like it, this one is fun (at least to me), i actually changed the controls in the options screen to make it easier for me such as making X = accellerate and Square = brake. This game is quite enjoyable.

Oh and by the way, is there going to be DLC for this, there are 3 trophies list for this game at least on the Vita version, 2 of them have that + symbol next to them, so is there going to be DLC such as the I think it was Carnival and whatever the other one was?

Message 65 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10906 posts

Mar 8, 2012

When Sprint did Rag Doll Kung Fu for free a couple years back, I think it was for a week.  I imagine this will be the same.

Message 66 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11693 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Weinersnitzelz wrote:

I guess I'm the only one who like the game, I have a few friends who are playing and it's fun to beat the ghost cars. I actually like the controls.

you not the only one,, i do admit it was difficult at first but im getting a hang of it using the alternate controls

>

Message 67 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Mar 8, 2012

The more time I spoend with it the more I like it. I think that even with the Scion sponsoring it, this game was designed around the "microtransaction". Every top car being pay only, and I think the dlc festivals will be pay for only too. I'm not a big fan of this stuff.

I had the initial control problems but after a few races i got the hang of it and IMO it is fun.

Message 68 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Mar 9, 2012

After playing the game for half an hour I can say for those who do not like the controls...get a life. Every new game has a learning curve and this is an RC game. Not traditional controls. And, once you get them, this game is tons of fun. Jeez, some people expect to just pick up a game and be a master. It does not work that way. I really hope that people who read this are not deterred from getting this game. It is really fun to play.

Message 69 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Mar 9, 2012

i found the controls to be a little confusing until i realized that the cars in the game are remote control cars and that once you get used to using rc racing controls you will be fine. It may take a few hours to get completely used to the controls. basically we all need to remember that the game is about rc racing and not traditional racing. plus the was free. i am very pleased with it.

Message 70 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes