Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Re: Motorstorm RC: You Get What You Paid For

Mar 7, 2012

Hard to complain about free. It'll definitely help me pass some time.

Message 41 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I agree the game is not great but its pretty damn good. And you can't beat free. I had a hard time adjusting to the controls and you can go right into the options and adjust anything you want to make it to your liking. I had to adjust the steering to the pad because that worked best for me. But I liked it well enough I bought it for ps3 also.

Message 42 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I agree with another persons comment. Just because they are RC controls doesn't mean they are good.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 43 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Love this game! Big time.

Photobucket
Message 44 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Have to say I'm adding my opinion to the control scheme criticisms. I am so used to using the right stick as a camera angle it would probably take me a long time to get used to it as gas. I do not play with RC cars, so the controls are a little foreign to me. All Sony had to was make a control scheme where you could have used a button or the right trigger to accelerate. Most games have multiple control schemes. To me, there wasn't much difference between the two offered in this game. Until they add some more control options, I'm deleting the game.

Message 45 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I agree with this.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 46 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Lol people are pretty sad to complain about a free game ....

Message 47 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Mar 7, 2012

sesho1 wrote:

Have to say I'm adding my opinion to the control scheme criticisms. I am so used to using the right stick as a camera angle it would probably take me a long time to get used to it as gas. I do not play with RC cars, so the controls are a little foreign to me. All Sony had to was make a control scheme where you could have used a button or the right trigger to accelerate. Most games have multiple control schemes. To me, there wasn't much difference between the two offered in this game. Until they add some more control options, I'm deleting the game.

You can change the controls, go into option controls, move down to select the accelerate press x then use the right left stick to change it. I change the accelerate to right bumper, break to left bumper and circle to reset car. Works great

Harry

Message 48 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 7, 2012

It took me a while, but the controls work great for me now.

Message 49 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10756 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Mapping the gas to ANY button sort of defeats the purpose of an analog control, doesn't it?  Probably 30% of success in this particular game (just like in real life remote control vehicles) comes from careful, deliberate use of the acceleration trigger.  With a button, on the Vita, you are talking about gas on/gas off.  There is no 'middle ground' to get you through those tight turns without taking your finger off the gas.  Granted, the sticks on the Vita don't have a lot of travel, but some analog control is better than none.

Message 50 of 85 (8 Views)
0 Likes