Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Re: Motorstorm RC: You Get What You Paid For

Mar 7, 2012

Well I'm afraid that motorstorm was just the theme of the tracks and cars. RC was the way it played, and to that it plays perfectly fine, I have had no trouble with the controls as they are the control scheme I prefer to use for every racing game. ( I never much cared for the R trigger as acceleration.)

But I mean for those that were expecting it to play like an actual racer, I don't understand why. The preview videos that I saw for the game showed it playing like an RC. I think they did a fantastic job with the game, and at the price point of $0.00 it's kinda tough to beat.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 85 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Mar 7, 2012

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

Wow! The controls are terrible! Honestly, it doesn't even feel like a video game much less a Motorstorm game. It's definitely not worthy of the franchise name. I sure am hoping they make a REAL Motorstorm game for the Vita. But Motorstorm RC is free, so what you do expect right? What do you think of the game?

- ScreamAimFire999

Please visit my PlayStation blog at playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

I got used to it pretty quickly but what you're feeling here is a lack of analog triggers.  It took a few weeks but we have one of our first reminders that this is a limited handheld, if even slightly.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 85 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7648 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Once I took a step back from my previous plays of Wipeout 2048 and realized this is a racer like no other, the controls came pretty easily.  Then again, I raced RC cars about 20 years ago pretty regularly.  Still quite a bit of a learning curve when dealing with narrower tracks and tighter curves.  I'm having a blast with it, though.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 85 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Mar 7, 2012

once i ran a couple races and got used to the controls, its alot more fun, it reminds me of and n64 game i used to play

cant think of the name,

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 85 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3604 posts

Mar 7, 2012

The only thing I don't like about this game is the overhead view. Other than that, it's really fun. Controls aren't that bad at all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 85 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 7, 2012

That's why the acceleration is mapped to the right analog stick.  You get the same analog sensitivity as with triggers.  I think it works great and is just like using a real RC card.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 85 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Bring the PSP Artic Rift game back!

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 85 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 7, 2012

It won't be back until they patch the bug that lets it be used to hack the console.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 85 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I like the game a lot and the controls are just fine. Not feeling the brostep music though.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 85 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Been lurking for a while, but this post was irratating enough to get me to post.

Look, I know that probably no one who has posted here has any experience whatsoever with hobby grade RC vehicles. Basically, they're scaled down versions of the real thing. I own a Slash 4x4 that has a 4-1/2 horsepower electric motor, beadlock wheels, fully articulated suspension, etc. With a large enough battery (and thats putting things very simply), its top speed is around 80mph.

I race the things. And this game controls EXACTLY how you control a real RC car/truck/etc. Its very, very accurate. So while I can understand how it may be hard to get used to at first (everyone does have trouble for a while), that doesn't mean the game has bad controls. It simply is how it works in the real world.

I think that what everyone is really complaining about is that its not a real Motorstorm game, with a 3rd person view of the vehicle. I'm not a huge fan of this either. At the same time, I realize that it honestly wasn't ever advertising itself as a full on Motorstorm game. So I've been hugely enjoying it for what it is.

Oh, and even the paid version is only $10. So there's not a whole lot to complain about. It looks good, its fun, the social aspect is pretty addicting, and it was at most $10.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 85 (7 Views)
0 Likes