Wastelander
682 posts

Re: Motorstorm RC: You Get What You Paid For

Mar 7, 2012

It took me a good ten minutes to figure out the controls on this one being that I havent played micro machines in many years.  once I did it seems like a pretty cool game.  I really pleased I got a free game today.  Diggin the ghost racing.  Will definatly be wasting some time on this one.

Message 21 of 85 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 7, 2012

You're definitely not the only fan of this game.  I'm really enjoying it so far and would have happily paid money for it.  Since I got it for free, I plan to buy the DLC cars, to support the devs.

Message 22 of 85 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 7, 2012

You don't need to pay for more tracks.  You unlock them as you play.  You only have to pay if you want the content unlocke without having to play through the game.  This is clearly explained in the description of the DLC.

Message 23 of 85 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Mar 7, 2012

GoldenEgg wrote:

You don't need to pay for more tracks.  You unlock them as you play.  You only have to pay if you want the content unlocke without having to play through the game.  This is clearly explained in the description of the DLC

Thanks for answering that!

Message 24 of 85 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Mar 7, 2012

semajmarc87 wrote:

May I remind everyone that this is a rc (radio-controlled) car game, not a full sized car game. The controls in this game are exactly like a rc car (a forward and back joystick and a left and right joystick).

That is my exact thought. if you have used/played/raced rc cars like i have, the controls on the game are super easy. try racing a real rc car going 60+ mph, it takes practice and skill, due to huge distance away from yourself. it's not like a real racing game where you can be in the seat of the car. i think they captured rc racing just fine. they could have made it more graphically nice but i think its a fun game minus the smells and sounds of a nitro car/truck/buggy.

Final Fantasy XI: Darklordsidius
(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Message 25 of 85 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Anyone claiming this game has bad controls or the game itself is bad is just mad that they suck at it. This game is pretty awesome, I've already got 60+ medals and they are starting to get pretty tough to get 3 medals in the events.

I like how new sections of the playground open up as you get more medals.

Controls are pretty good as well...except for the "muscle cars", they slide all over the place. lol

Don't go full acceleration into turns and you should do fine.

Seems like just getting 3 medals in each event should be enough to get the platinum trophy.

Message 26 of 85 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Mar 7, 2012

icy1007 wrote:

Anyone claiming this game has bad controls or the game itself is bad is just mad that they suck at it. This game is pretty awesome, I've already got 60+ medals and they are starting to get pretty tough to get 3 medals in the events.

I like how new sections of the playground open up as you get more medals.

Controls are pretty good as well...except for the "muscle cars", they slide all over the place. lol

Don't go full acceleration into turns and you should do fine.

Seems like just getting 3 medals in each event should be enough to get the platinum trophy.

I actually really like the muscle cars. Easier to get around cornerd if you know how to drift ith them.

Message 27 of 85 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Mar 7, 2012

i find the controls easy to use. I like the game I got what I paid for a excellent free game

Message 28 of 85 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I agree that the default controls are terrible. They may be like an actual RC car, but that doesn't mean they are any good.

Of course, I've been playing a lot of Wipeout, so I just couldn't play Motorstorm until I went and remapped the controls to match those of Wipeout.

After doing this, I starting enjoying the game and just had to find a camera angle I liked. I'm still flipping between Dynamic and Aerial.

It's a fun little game and if you have a lot of friends playing it then it's even better since you have more people's scores to compete against.

The races are real short and true multiplayer would take longer to set up a race than to complete a race. So, the approach they took works well.

Plus, you get constant onscreen notifications that tell you when someone beat your time and you can just push "X" to go to that race and try to beat them.

Thanks Scion for sponsoring and making this free.

Viva la Vita!
Message 29 of 85 (14 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10871 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Those of you having trouble with the controls, Motorstorm RC is not meant to be a racing sim like Wipeout or even ModNation Racers.  It is a Radio Control Racing sim.  As such, the controls are intended to resemble the simple control of a racing RC car: A steering wheel and a trigger.  You don't sit at the wheel and control a Radio Control car directly. 

Imagine yourself standing on the outside of the track looking in.  This is the intention of the game.  Controlling RC cars is HARD when you just press down the accelerator and try to go full out the entire time.  It's about the efficient use of the simplistic controls you have at your disposal.  If you think controlling RC Cars is hard, you should try planes or even helicopters.

Message 30 of 85 (14 Views)
0 Likes