Treasure Hunter
4911 posts

Re: Motorstorm RC: You Get What You Paid For

Mar 7, 2012

May I remind everyone that this is a rc (radio-controlled) car game, not a full sized car game. The controls in this game are exactly like a rc car (a forward and back joystick and a left and right joystick). I'm not a fan of the controls in this game but they weren't difficult to learn like some of you say. They even had an "alternative" control scheme to make it easier. Two good things so far about the game is that I earned a trophy and the game was free. The game seems slightly frustraing and repetitive although it's kinda fun in short bursts. Overall I'd rate it a 6/10 (I may be being a little generous). Now I'm debating wether this game is worth the space on my memory stick.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 11 of 85 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I'm surprised to see everyone complaining about controls. They seem pretty basic to me. Like the other guy said, it's just like a remote control car.  That is what RC means, by the way.

My complaint is... that there is apparently zero multiplayer. Not that I can find anyway. Not even local adhoc. Especially when the store's description says "Take on your friends in four player split screen races." So if it's there, I can't find it.

All of that said, it's not a bad little game. Especially for those of us who are getting it for free for this limited time.

P.S. I don't know if you guys noticed, but this game has a platinum trophy.

Message 12 of 85 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Try to do the controls Regular, then change the camera angle to where its a top view.. I did this and instantly could control the car perfectly.. Let me know if it helps

Photobucket

Message 13 of 85 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I guess I'm the only one who like the game, I have a few friends who are playing and it's fun to beat the ghost cars. I actually like the controls.

Message 14 of 85 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Mar 7, 2012

@Weinersnitzelz.. I am with you I think the game is great and the controls are fine with me.

Photobucket

Message 15 of 85 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 7, 2012

the controls are great they are just like a real RC maybe ur just bad at driving RC

Message 16 of 85 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Mar 7, 2012

The controls are fine with me, but is this not the full game? It seems like this is a demo and we need to buy more races for .99? Can anyone confirm this?

Message 17 of 85 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Hey, did anyone else notice the free DLC car "Italia Buttercream?" Well, now you know

Message 18 of 85 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Mar 7, 2012

you unlock cars as you get first place medals, there are some cars that are DLC only as far as i can tell but the majority of them unlock as you progress.

as for my opinion. i think its a fun little game that could benefit majorly from the inclusion of true online  multiplayer

Message 19 of 85 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Yeah i got it. Is there a way to change cars in the playground?

Message 20 of 85 (20 Views)
0 Likes