Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 07 2012
By: ScreamAimFire999 Treasure Hunter 6424 posts

Motorstorm RC: You Get What You Paid For

84 replies 73 views Edited Mar 7, 2012

I'm not trying to troll or anything because I'm sure many of you feel the same way. I was greatly looking forward to this game until I played it. I'm beyond disappointed.

Wow! The controls are terrible! Honestly, it doesn't even feel like a video game much less a Motorstorm game. It's definitely not worthy of the franchise name. I sure am hoping they make a REAL Motorstorm game for the Vita. But Motorstorm RC is free, so what you do expect right? What do you think of the game?

- ScreamAimFire999

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 1 of 85 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Re: Motorstorm RC: You Get What You Paid For

Mar 7, 2012

The controls ARE really bad. Haven't started the main game yet but it took me about 5 minutes to complete that stupid "practice" round, and then I went back into it for another 10 minutes to try and figure out the controls, and I just couldn't do it. I tried both control schemes too.

A game like this ala Micro Machines shouldn't be THIS hard to control.

Message 2 of 85 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Mar 7, 2012

And as the Angry Video Game Nerd says, "What's the most important aspect of any game? Well, being able to (expletive) play it!"

You know, I would be completely in favor of a Micro Machines remake for the Vita. Update the sound and the graphics, give it online play, and oh yeah, a GOOD control scheme. I'd pay 9.99-14.99 for that.

Message 3 of 85 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I've only raced on 2 maps, so maybe it get's easier, but as of now, the controls...both of them are pretty hard.

Message 4 of 85 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Its okay i guess, its gettin easier, im using the control scheme on the right.

Message 5 of 85 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Mar 7, 2012

ha i agree with all. On the pratice lap it took me 30 seconds to figure out the R stick up was the gas. I was mashing the top R trigger. WTF. Its free and I thank themfor the oppurtunity and for not paying for it myself and throwing something out of anger. However I do not know how long it will continue to take up valuable memory space. Not hating. Thanks for the freebie for real

Message 6 of 85 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I tried both control sets as well and they are both terrible. I just couldn't enjoy the way they were set up.

Message 7 of 85 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Mar 7, 2012

The tutorial is bad, but I didn't seem to have a problem during the race. In fact, I started the race and forgot about it and when I remembered everyone was a lap ahead of me. I managed to still finish first.

Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 8 of 85 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I'm gonna try the PS3 version after I get done downloading to see if I can get used to it. It's a shame too. I was gonna buy the PS3 version so I could Cross Game Play but I'm glad I didn't waste my money.

Message 9 of 85 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Mar 7, 2012

You can change the buttons around, I switched the Accleration to the R button and brakes to the L. It makes the game a little bit more enjoyable in my opinion. I still have mixed feelings on it though.

Message 10 of 85 (73 Views)
0 Likes