Apr 09 2012
By: SDC3 Monster Hunter 38 posts

Motorstorm RC Vita unlocks PS3 version?

3 replies 380 views Edited Apr 9, 2012

This article seems to indicate that as the case, at least:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/05/motorstorm-rc-free-for-a-limited-time-on-vita-in-the-us-thanks/

"And while the game is also launching on the PlayStation 3 this week for the not-so-free price of $9.99, the Vita version unlocks the PS3 version (also for free)"ually

I pre-downloaded Motorstorm RC for Vita on my PS3 before I actually got the system, and I have recently uploaded it to the Vita and played it for a bit.  I've gone online with it and synced my trophies with the server.  I was thinking perhaps the PS3 version would show up for download in my download list, but so far no dice.  Can anyone tell me how I can go about unlocking the PS3 version?  Or is the information in this link simply incorrect?

"In the darkest hour hope springs eternal."

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/
Message 1 of 4 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: Motorstorm RC Vita unlocks PS3 version?

Apr 9, 2012

SDC3 wrote:

This article seems to indicate that as the case, at least:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/05/motorstorm-rc-free-for-a-limited-time-on-vita-in-the-us-thanks/

"And while the game is also launching on the PlayStation 3 this week for the not-so-free price of $9.99, the Vita version unlocks the PS3 version (also for free)"ually

I pre-downloaded Motorstorm RC for Vita on my PS3 before I actually got the system, and I have recently uploaded it to the Vita and played it for a bit.  I've gone online with it and synced my trophies with the server.  I was thinking perhaps the PS3 version would show up for download in my download list, but so far no dice.  Can anyone tell me how I can go about unlocking the PS3 version?  Or is the information in this link simply incorrect?

That is the first I have heard of it. Have you tried to go to the PS3 PSN store to see if the "buy it" button has turned to a "download" button?

Message 2 of 4 (380 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11159 posts

Apr 9, 2012

I can confirm that the 'free' Vita version of Motorstorm RC does NOT unlock the PS3 version.  That is, the PS3 version still has a 'Buy' button.  I'm not sure how it will work when the Vita version promo ends.  I imagine each version will be a separate purchase.

I think EU has a promo that if you buy the PS3 version, it includes the Vita version for free.

Either way, you do only need to buy the DLC once for both versions.

Message 3 of 4 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
556 posts

Apr 9, 2012

its the other way around atm since the vita version is still free. wether this changes once(if) the vita version goes up for sale....no one knows

Message 4 of 4 (380 Views)
0 Likes