Mar 13 2011
By: jaydlaw20 Lombax Warrior 141 posts

Mortal Kombat demo

4 replies 27 views Edited Mar 13, 2011

Anyone try it yet.  how is it? 

I am thinkint about subscribing to ps+ for the early release of demo's and other stuff, is it worth it? (i know this question has been asked like a million times).

Message 1 of 5 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Mortal Kombat demo

Mar 13, 2011

I just went ahead and got it thanks to the MK demo. It's just for three months, and if I end up not liking PS+, whatever it's not that much money lost.

The demo is great btw.

Message 2 of 5 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Mar 15, 2011

i went and got + basically for the mk demo and because i lost my key for the socom beta that came with kz3.  the mk demo is very good. i wish that had a few more characters available for the demo. the x-ray moves dont seem to kick off when i iniate them all of the time, no doubt something wrong with my timimg though.  the fatality moves with sub zero and scorpion aren't the best i've seen, scorpions fatality move from the original might have been better with an upgrade.

all in all, the only way i'll get this game before a price drop is if a few rl friends get it as well.  I wish it was only $40 like ssfiv, then i would definately get it day 1.  It is better than ssfiv imo but i didn't get much use from ssfiv.

Message 3 of 5 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 15, 2011

I know if you order Mortal Kombat from Amazon they promised reptiles original skin and fatality. So I am assuming you can do the same with Scorpion since you can get the original scorpion outfit from Gamestop pre-order though not sure on the fatality but again i dont see why they would leave that out. The x-ray moves can be blocked btw so if you don't see it most likely the AI blocked it.

Message 4 of 5 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Mar 17, 2011

part of it is me, the game is very good, i just don't think a 2d fighting game is worth $60 bucks. most will disagree, but compare it to any 3d platformer, shooter, racing or sports game and i don't think that they shoud be in the same price range. yeah its fun but $60?  my major hang up is the price of it.

Message 5 of 5 (27 Views)
0 Likes