Jun 13 2013
By: Grundberg Uncharted Territory 1363 posts

Mortal Kombat Komplete vs. original+DLC?

[ Edited ]
7 replies 2769 views Edited Mar 14, 2014

I'm considering purchasing the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, however, I have a question relating to the DLC.

Does the Komplete Edition automatically have the DLC bundled into the game, or is the DLC still "downloaded"/"installed" separately?

I'm asking because I already had Mortal Kombat last year (with DLC) and then sold it. If I bought the original MK at the PSN store, I could simply redownload my DLC from my Downloads list...

Any info on the Komplete Edition build is appreciated. Thanks!

Mod Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

- Grundberg    (PS4 owner since November 2014)

Current library:  Dangerous Golf, Grand Theft Auto V, Madden 15, Mortal Kombat XL, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Uncharted Collection, WWE 2K16
Message 1 of 8 (2,769 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Mortal Kombat Komplete vs. original+DLC?

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Glad to be of help.

The Komplete Edition does indeed have all the kharacters that were DLC in the original game and they do not have to be installed or downloaded. The minute you start up the Komplete Edition, you kan fight as or against Freddy Krueger, Skarlet and Kratos. One time I played as Sub-Zero in single player and the first kombatant I faced was Kratos, that's when I learned Kratos kan resist Sub-Zero's ice ball.

You have to unlock the alternate kostumes in the krypt and you use koins that you earn by playing in various modes to unlock these features.

Hope this answers your question.

Message 2 of 8 (1,351 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Yep -- thanks! I bought the disc and I'm enjoying it to the fullest... Smiley Happy

Current library:  Dangerous Golf, Grand Theft Auto V, Madden 15, Mortal Kombat XL, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Uncharted Collection, WWE 2K16
Message 3 of 8 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Grundberg wrote:

Yep -- thanks! I bought the disc and I'm enjoying it to the fullest... Smiley Happy

This is, in my opinion, the best version of Mortal kombat to date. I was ready to give up on the series after MK vs. DC Universe, but the reboot of Mortal Kombat is awsome.

I'd love to see a kontinuation on PS 4 (with Kratos).

Message 4 of 8 (1,343 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 28, 2013

I agree!

Another concern of mine was that this edition of the game would cause a conflict with the trophy file I established for the original MK9 last year. I was also concerned about the glitched trophy. However, I had already obtained those trophies in question and the trophy file is indeed the exact same. So there are no trophy conflicts or issues whatsoever... Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8 (1,340 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Grundberg wrote:

I agree!

Another concern of mine was that this edition of the game would cause a conflict with the trophy file I established for the original MK9 last year. I was also concerned about the glitched trophy. However, I had already obtained those trophies in question and the trophy file is indeed the exact same. So there are no trophy conflicts or issues whatsoever... Smiley Happy

Developers, take note!  Smiley Happy

This is how you release alternate versions of your content.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 6 of 8 (1,315 Views)
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2015

Are the Compatibility Packs and other DLCs for Mortal Kombat 9 still available for download from PSN Store? Because I can see only basic Mortal Kombat games there, rather, when I am not signed in, I can see the packs and DLC there but when I Sign In, the site get an error and redirect me to basic Mortal Kombat 9 games...anyone knows more about this?

Message 7 of 8 (657 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Jan 17, 2015

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Grundberg wrote:

I agree!

Developers, take note!  Smiley Happy

This is how you release alternate versions of your content.

I swapped to the Komplete edition just recently, and the trophies seem to be working fine for the most part. I will say the "you've got style" trophy didnt pop after defeating ladder with kratos and unlocking all the costumes in the krypt. Not sure why, but i suspect it has something to do with needing to beat the ladder with another or each of the additional characters.

Message 8 of 8 (651 Views)
0 Likes