Jun 23 2013
By: Spiky1228-TW Hekseville Citizen 334 posts

More NEW GAMES announcement on GAMESCOM 2013 !?!?!

17 replies 1280 views Edited Jun 23, 2013

Gamescom starts at 8/21 and it seems like SONY might be announcing more games for PS4. They really didn't too much at this years E3.

PLEASE NOT TOO MANY JRPG and RPG.....your fans has grown up from the PS1 days......we really don't have alot of time for turn base combat.

I would prefer.....

RESISTANCE 

GOD OF WAR

LAST OF US 2

UNCHARTED 4

Message 1 of 18 (1,280 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Re: More NEW GAMES announcement on GAMESCOM 2013 !?!?!

Jun 23, 2013
Little big planet 3 and some PS Vita games
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 2 of 18 (1,268 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Uncharted 4 and a look at some new IP's.
I want a Last of Us 2 in the future but it i think it is impossible for it to be announced anytime soon, 3-4 years maybe, or even close to the end of the Ps4 generation like it was for this gen.
Message 3 of 18 (1,259 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Spiky1228-TW wrote:

PLEASE NOT TOO MANY JRPG and RPG.....your fans has grown up from the PS1 days......we really don't have alot of time for turn base combat.

Was that a joke?  I never hear the RPG community saying "oh, man, they've released another FPS.  Stupid console developer!"  

So, you don't like RPGs; got it.  But, a lot of people do, mostly because we did grow up with them, and we love them still, today.  You may not have time for turn-based combat, but please don't speak for those of us who do.

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 4 of 18 (1,258 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Naughty dog already said they dont want The Last of us to have a sequel. Its that type of game that will be ruined if it gets a sequel.

Too many great games turn into sequel after sequel of milked out rehashes. 

Anyways, i can bet on:

Little Big Planet 3

Something God Of War related

Something Ratchet and Clank Related

Fallout 4

Also, probably some new IP`s, and maybe some revived IP`s such as Medievil or Ape Escape.

Message 5 of 18 (1,229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

Naughty dog already said they dont want The Last of us to have a sequel. Its that type of game that will be ruined if it gets a sequel.

Too many great games turn into sequel after sequel of milked out rehashes. 

While I have not finished the game (so please, no spoilers), I think it's bs for them to say sequels would ruin the series. Why can't they have another game that takes place linearly in the same world in a different location with different people?

Outside of that though... Uncharted, GoW, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter...etc...

Message 6 of 18 (1,218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jun 23, 2013
^
I think there should only be a TLOU sequel if it stars Ellie and Joel or maybe just a grown up Ellie without Joel, people know The Last of Us with Joel and Ellie and have become attached to these characters.
Message 7 of 18 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Spiky1228-TW wrote:

Gamescom starts at 8/21 and it seems like SONY might be announcing more games for PS4. They really didn't too much at this years E3.

I would prefer.....

RESISTANCE 

GOD OF WAR

LAST OF US 2

UNCHARTED 4

Resistance is pretty much a constant flop IP. GoW and Last of Us got releases just this year. In other words, you seem to be one of those people that spend their time playing sequels to all the same games year for year?

And not too many JRPGs? Did I miss something about Sony? The closest shot to that genre might be Soul Sacrifice. Let me guess, that was already too much?

Message 8 of 18 (1,190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jun 23, 2013
I was just about thinking that. Resistance probably wont be coming back.
Message 9 of 18 (1,177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jun 23, 2013

As much as I liked Resistance, every new entry sold less than the last with that series.  By the time number three came out, it was only a mediocre success.  That said, I don't see it coming back.  Same goes for Ratchet and Clank for the same reasons.  Not to mention both of those were Insomniac games (who now favors MS).  I doubt Sony would try to revive dead franchises when their creators aren't even on the same side anymore.

I'm sure we will hear about a Little Big Planet 3 though.  It will be interesting to see what the PS4 can add to the concept surrounding that franchise.  A GT6 reveal wouldn't suprise me in the least either.  As for God of War...NO!  I loved the series, but its time has passed.  It is time for Santa Monica devs to focus on a new IP to win the gamers over.  Kratos has already done all he can do, and if they continue to milk him with prequels and what-not, he will likely be joining Sonic the Hedgehog in the has-been club.

I'm more interested to see what Naughty Dog is gonna to though to be honest.  There is more that they can do with Uncharted if they approach it right and that Franchis has always been known for showing off what Sony's platforms can really do.  The Last of Us will also likely be returning on the PS4 as well, but not till at least 2 years down the road.

Reguardless of any of that though, I have no doubt that Sony will have a few shockers that none of us saw coming as well.

Shikenator Trophy Card
Message 10 of 18 (1,166 Views)
0 Likes