Nov 09 2012
By: Dubloon7 Lombax Warrior 232 posts

Moody's Cuts Sony Corps Rating to One Notch Above JUNK. What are your thoughts?

17 replies 198 views Edited Nov 9, 2012

Reuter's Link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/09/us-sony-downgrade-idUSBRE8A80IA20121109

What do you think of this?

It appears Sony has been totally lacking in supporting the Playstation brand name (i.e. PS VITA, PS3, etc.)

With this total humiliating downgrade what do you think Sony should do to improve customer relations?

I personally believe Sony should get their heads out of their **bleep** and start giving us sales on hardware, software, DCL, etc., and also start listening to their consumers' wants and needs rather than the Sony CEO's thinning wallets.

Anyone else concur? Anyone disagree?

How do you believe Sony should get back into the business after blatantly handing off the crown to Nintendo and Microsoft?

Message 1 of 18 (198 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16909 posts

Re: Moody's Cuts Sony Corps Rating to One Notch Above JUNK. What are your thoughts?

Nov 9, 2012

Kinda sad, as I believe the PS3 is a great product.  I only use it for gaming and have enjoyed its power, exceptional graphics and titles enormously.

All companies have their ups and downs, especially in a very competitive market as consumer electronics.

Can't speak about Sony's other businesses - don't know enough about them.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 18 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Re: Moody's Cuts Sony Corps Rating to One Notch Above JUNK. What are your thoughts?

Nov 9, 2012

I'm merely implying what would you think on how Sony can improve their image within the Playstation community?

Apparently their "hdtv" line is failing, and even IGN reported the Playstation brand has fallen in sales.

In the article Sony is even uoted as saying they intend to lower their expectations this holiday season per hardware sales. If you ask me, the Vitas should be $100 off and the PS3 at max $200 PERMANENTLY.

Entice the consumer to buy buy buy. As for me, my model of consumerisms: buy CHEAP, USED, and/or CLEARANCED

Message 3 of 18 (193 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10160 posts

Nov 9, 2012
They seriously need to start advertising more..they need to Spam us with their ads everywhere we go from tv's to posters and on radio stations.
Message 4 of 18 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I saw this coming from a mile away....... this is hot on the heels of Sony's losses. Nothing new here.

Like any company it will have its ups and downs. Remember Microsoft and the crap storm they were having in the 90's with Anti-Trust laws and monopolizing? 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 18 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I say Baa.  Get it? Smiley Very Happy  Better that Boo, or Oops.

But seriously, Sony is behind in various niches.  Samsung has blown past Sony with superior screen technologies, and even in the smart phone niche.

I love my Sony products, but the simple truth is Sony is falling behind in innovation with all forms of technology.  While other companies like Samsung spend more to make more on flat screen TV's and Smartphones, Sony falls behind in these areas.  

I think it is more than just the PS division that is affecting this drop in value.

Moble

Message 6 of 18 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

Nov 9, 2012

its actually sonys gaming division that is respectable

all they're other divisions are bleeding money especially theyre TV's

Message 7 of 18 (152 Views)
VP of Gaming
29409 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:
They seriously need to start advertising more..they need to Spam us with their ads everywhere we go from tv's to posters and on radio stations.

How many times do we have to go through this. They DO advertise. "Gamers" don't watch football. I'm not going to apologize for saying this, but "gamers" have the vieweing habits similar to senior citizens. Sony adverstises plenty om Comedy Central programs like The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, South Park, and Tosh.0., , but apparently gamers take themselves so seriously they refuse to laugh or even crack a smile. 

And this is why I don't trust ratings agencies;

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-13/moody-s-s-p-caved-to-mortgage-pressure-by-goldman-ubs-levin...

Message 8 of 18 (137 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29409 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Absinthetic wrote:

its actually sonys gaming division that is respectable

all they're other divisions are bleeding money especially theyre TV's

In case you haven't noticed, Skyfall is doing gangbusters at the theaters in Europe, and is opening in the U.S. today. The film is distributed by Sony. And they do own a 50% stake in the music publishing for a little band you might have heard of, they're called "The Beatles". 

Message 9 of 18 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Moody's?

I'm just going to quote myself here:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Oh look! A Credit Rating Company that is completely independent and is known to show bias to fuel speculation "downgrades" a company they have no partaking in!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/I-was-planning-to-get-my-PS3-Repaired-U...

Message 10 of 18 (110 Views)