I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Re: Moody's Cuts Sony Corps Rating to One Notch Above JUNK. What are your thoughts?

Nov 10, 2012

Nothing to see here, move along.

Message 11 of 18 (67 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9698 posts

Re: Moody's Cuts Sony Corps Rating to One Notch Above JUNK. What are your thoughts?

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Emerald_Swords wrote:
They seriously need to start advertising more..they need to Spam us with their ads everywhere we go from tv's to posters and on radio stations.

How many times do we have to go through this. They DO advertise. "Gamers" don't watch football. I'm not going to apologize for saying this, but "gamers" have the vieweing habits similar to senior citizens. Sony adverstises plenty om Comedy Central programs like The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, South Park, and Tosh.0., , but apparently gamers take themselves so seriously they refuse to laugh or even crack a smile. 

And this is why I don't trust ratings agencies;

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-13/moody-s-s-p-caved-to-mortgage-pressure-by-goldman-ubs-levin...

I've only seen a handful of advertisements. But i mean more Public adverts like at Bus stops...places like that. I see none of that. I go to the movies pretty often, and not one single Playstation ad. Im sorry, but i remember when i used to see a ps advert almost on a daily basis in the ps2 era, and im an avid Tv person too, i don't just watch sports..if that's what you're implying. Sony needs to invest in doing more advertisements.Period. There are so many people out there who don't have a single clue about the Ps Vita.

Message 12 of 18 (65 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29186 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Emerald_Swords wrote:
They seriously need to start advertising more..they need to Spam us with their ads everywhere we go from tv's to posters and on radio stations.

How many times do we have to go through this. They DO advertise. "Gamers" don't watch football. I'm not going to apologize for saying this, but "gamers" have the vieweing habits similar to senior citizens. Sony adverstises plenty om Comedy Central programs like The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, South Park, and Tosh.0., , but apparently gamers take themselves so seriously they refuse to laugh or even crack a smile. 

And this is why I don't trust ratings agencies;

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-13/moody-s-s-p-caved-to-mortgage-pressure-by-goldman-ubs-levin...

I've only seen a handful of advertisements. But i mean more Public adverts like at Bus stops...places like that. I see none of that. I go to the movies pretty often, and not one single Playstation ad. Im sorry, but i remember when i used to see a ps advert almost on a daily basis in the ps2 era, and im an avid Tv person too, i don't just watch sports..if that's what you're implying. Sony needs to invest in doing more advertisements.Period. There are so many people out there who don't have a single clue about the Ps Vita.

You know what's funny? I DO see them on a daily basis. Again, here's the programs I've seen Playstation related ads on;

• NFL on CBS
  • NFL on Fox
  • Key And Peele
  • South Park
  • Tosh.0
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • 2 Broke Girls
  • Family Guy
  • The Simpsons
  • The Daily Show
  • The Colbert Report
  • NBA Basketball
  • Spike TV
  • WWE
  • New York Yankees Baseball
  • WFAN Radio
  • The Amazing Race
  • Sunday Night Football
  • Monday Night Football

There's others but you get the drift. I also see ads in both Marvel AND DC Comics on a regular basis. I have to ask, what exactly are you watching? You say you're an "avid TV person", what are your programming preferences?

You say that you want to see PS3 ads on bus stops. What is this, the 1930's? How many people would you think would see an ad on a bus? I'm guessing you've never ridden the bus, because when you're riding one all you can think is "god I hate riding the bus". 

If you're watching Law and Order or The Good Wife, then you're not going to see any Playstation related ads. Both programs have an average audience of aged 50 or older, according to the Neilsen company. The reason why they advertise on the NFL is because EVERY game draws between 11 MILLION and 15 MILLION viewers, and that's for REGIONAL games. Advertising to a few hundred people on bus, maybe a couple thousand at the most, isn't money well spent. Saying "they need to invest in more advertising period" doesn't change the fact that they ARE advertising, and gamers don't fall into the target demographic, which is 18-39 year old beer drinking, sports watching single males with disposble income. Saying "Period" only seems to convince one person; yourself. 

"Gamers" do seem to have television viewing habits that are similar to senior citizens, or are SEVERLY out of touch with the pop culture mainstream, and your ideas about advertising seem like someone who grew up in the PRE-television era. Bus stops? Seriously, when ever I ask the question nobody ever answers it. I'm going to ask once more; what television programs are you watching on a regular basis?

Message 13 of 18 (61 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9698 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Fox,abc,global,hbo,movie network,ytv,teletoon,family,tsn,ctv,tv tropolis, comedy central,a&e.

Message 14 of 18 (50 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29186 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:

Fox,abc,global,hbo,movie network,ytv,teletoon,family,tsn,ctv,tv tropolis, comedy central,a&e.

But what are you actually WATCHING? If you're watching Law and Order or American Idol that's not the "target demographic". As for TSN, there's that old joke on How I Met Your Mother about the 80's came to Canada in 1993. You're not going to see any commercials on HBO. So throw that out right now. I've never heard of TV Tropolis, and A&E is going to air a lot of documentaries and other types of programs, so it's doubtful that you're going to see any Playstation related ads there. With the exception of Teletoon (Canadian) it seems like everything you watch skews "older". I went to TV Tropolis' website and they have on the home page a picture of Law and Order and, I kid you not, the Golden Girls. A program that hasn't been on US television for nearly a DECADE, and has an viewership probably well into their 50's and 60's, maybe even older. If you're watching Golden Girls and Law and Order, you're more likely to see a Viagara ad than a Playstation ad. 

Sunday Nov. 12th, 1:59 PM. Fox NFL coverage of the NY Giants vs. Cinncinatti Bengals aired this commercial.

So I'm still not buying this whole argument that the gamer community purports that "Sony doesn't advertise". Why? Because I've seen first hand that they do. More likely they're not focusing much of their advertising dollars in Canada, and not for nothing dude, you're watching what old people watch. 

Message 15 of 18 (38 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9698 posts

Nov 11, 2012

False.

I've seen Xbox ads, game ads that say "Available on xbox360".  Much more than any Ps3 ad, last time i saw an ad for the ps3 was about 3 months ago and it was only 1 ad.

Sony isn't advertising, that's where i stand, you can't change my mind on this.

Message 16 of 18 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

Nov 11, 2012

really? all other divisions bleeding money except the gaming division and you think the lack of advertising is the problem?

I dont know about that, but the libratation/vita ad on TV is on an almost obnoxious amount of times

Message 17 of 18 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
9698 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Absinthetic wrote:

really? all other divisions bleeding money except the gaming division and you think the lack of advertising is the problem?

I dont know about that, but the libratation/vita ad on TV is on an almost obnoxious amount of times

Thats the only ad i've seen and it was a while ago/

Message 18 of 18 (22 Views)
0 Likes