Treasure Hunter
4451 posts

Re: Monday's maintenance is extended. (UPDATE: COMPLETE)

Mar 5, 2013
Awwww im away from my real home for two weeks so i cant go czech it out... someone tell my neighbor to feed my fish!
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 88 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8593 posts

Re: Monday's maintenance is extended.

Mar 5, 2013

the_original_se wrote:
source?

im sure Sony will take any opportunity to work on the PSN to make sure the PS4 will work flawlessly with it when it launches.

Sony is saying that PSN will not even be on the PS4 they are working on a newer network.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 88 (307 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2623 posts

Mar 5, 2013

King0fHearts2007 kibitzed:

the_original_se wrote:
source?

im sure Sony will take any opportunity to work on the PSN to make sure the PS4 will work flawlessly with it when it launches.

Sony is saying that PSN will not even be on the PS4 they are working on a newer network.

:^/ Actually, the console would be on the network, and not the network on the console....

Anyway, you're saying that the SP4 will not support the existing PlayStation Network? So, how would it play existing PS3 games?

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 88 (272 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3875 posts

Mar 5, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:
source?

Pardon me for not reading up on this closely, but do you have a link so I can read up on it? Did a Sony official confirm this or is it hearsay? I'm sure this is possible but I would like to see confirmation for myself.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 88 (248 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8593 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
Pardon me for not reading up on this closely, but do you have a link so I can read up on it? Did a Sony official confirm this or is it hearsay? I'm sure this is possible but I would like to see confirmation for myself.

I'm sorry I'm running out the door right now so I can't give you to much info.

Here is a link saying that PSN games will not work on the PS4

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/21/sony-psn-games-wont-transfer-to-ps4/

That is not what I was looking for but there is another website talking about how Sony is going to be using a new Cloud based network and its going to be called something else then PSN.  I'll try to find the website when I get back.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 88 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Mar 6, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:
source?

If PSN is not even gonna be on PS4 then what Good will it do for those who bought Plus now for years if it won't be around even. Very odd. So Sony found a way to milk money for a Service that won't even be around soon! Nice job Sony...

I renewed one for a year due to the extra three month's... But i'm so glad i didn't get two or three years of it like some people did. Becuase it sounds like on PS4 it will come to an end.... So Glad i didn't get more years then since it won't be around then...

:smileywink:

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 88 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

King0fHearts2007 kibitzed:

the_original_se wrote:
source?

:^/ Actually, the console would be on the network, and not the network on the console....

Anyway, you're saying that the SP4 will not support the existing PlayStation Network? So, how would it play existing PS3 games?

PS4 Won't play PS3 games they already Said it Won't.... So yeah PSN won't be useful at all on PS4... I'm getting more and more FED up with PS4 the more i hear it won't have this and won't have that... It turns me off from even ever getting One... So far PS4 is nothing more than a PC game player... And we all know PC games aren't good as what Console games are... 

There working a Streaming Old PS1 PS2 PS3 games... But it won't be available at Launch they said... But Streaming Games? WTH! Who wants that... We should just be able to DL them to the HDD and play em' anytime we want the Good way from our HDD! This streaming crap is gonna be Bad i can see it now.

And they also said PS4 won't support 3D Gaming... WTH! 3D was to be the future of Gaming and there turning there Backs already on 3D gaming... Again more and more reasons not to get a PS4... Now if they want to give one for FREE i would take one but otherwise the more i hear the more i Won't buy a PS4.... 

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 88 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8593 posts

Mar 6, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:
PS4 Won't play PS3 games they already Said it Won't.... So yeah PSN won't be useful at all on PS4... I'm getting more and more FED up with PS4 the more i hear it won't have this and won't have that... It turns me off from even ever getting One... So far PS4 is nothing more than a PC game player... And we all know PC games aren't good as what Console games are... 

There working a Streaming Old PS1 PS2 PS3 games... But it won't be available at Launch they said... But Streaming Games? WTH! Who wants that... We should just be able to DL them to the HDD and play em' anytime we want the Good way from our HDD! This streaming crap is gonna be Bad i can see it now.

And they also said PS4 won't support 3D Gaming... WTH! 3D was to be the future of Gaming and there turning there Backs already on 3D gaming... Again more and more reasons not to get a PS4... Now if they want to give one for FREE i would take one but otherwise the more i hear the more i Won't buy a PS4.... 

I really don't understand why anyone is shocked by all this?  Think about it what was on the PS2 that is now on the PS3? 

1. The OS?  No...
  2. The Games?  No...
  3. The network?  No...

So after all that why would the PS4 have the same OS, Network or games as the PS3? 

The new network on the PS4 will be "more" you will be more connected to your PS4 24/7 Sony says we will even be able to connect to our PS4's by cell phone.  "Rumor" is it will work on all Android phones.  The PS4 will also be more connected to the social network example: FB.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 88 (98 Views)
0 Likes