Fender Bender
2760 posts

Re: Monday's maintenance is extended.

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2013

All large computer networks need hardware and operating system service on a regular basis. Regular server and network maintanence is usually unrelated to the content carried by the network. Think of it as changing the oil on your car to prevent problems. PSN carries movies, music, and games. All these things are both sold and streamed. PSN connects psps, vitas, and ps3s. Home is just a very Tiny blip in the network's content. Our world may revolve around Home, but the PSN does not. Since I am in the est NA, I guess I won't see you in Home until Tuesday 3/5 at 00:01. Thats the advertised uptime of Tues morning by 1 minute east coast time. But I have seen these things go both longer and shorter than advertised. Also, do not forget the psn store usually goes down at 3 am Tues for store content updates. Thus, the store could potentially only be up 3 hours before shutting down again. Also, various services on the network are restored at varying times. So Home could go live at a different time from say Crackle, the PSN Store or Music. Either way, I as you , will look to this Forum for our fellow addicts to give us a "Homes UP" within seconds of restoration. See you in virtual reality.

Posted Image

Message 46 of 88 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

LeeStone71 wrote:
My fish have died countless times, Jo. I think putting them in the farm was the best thing for them. 

Clone them in several personal spaces. Spaces that you are likely to visit often or have guests in. There'll be less chance of your fish dying and you'll get Aquabux with each visitor.

The only problem with that is the fact that the tanks take up so many funiture slots. The spaces I spend the most time in are fully decorated such as my Glittering Sands Personal space. I have no room for the tanks.

I have my goldfish bowl over at my Infinity pool and it requires a special visit to tend to them. I try to keep with it but there are days I simply forget to get around to it. 

Whenever I go see my Fish, they are always sleeping.. It's sooo cute; they lay on their sides and take little nappies, I guess.

Ah, Maintenance. Gotta be done. Gives me a break from Home. Makes me appreciate Home more.

Smiley Happy

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 47 of 88 (250 Views)
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Mar 4, 2013
I wake up at 5am, head to work, get back home at 7am and I was going to watch stuff on Netflix.... nope, so I try to get on Home...

Not happening - this very long maintenance.. well, it kick started my chores and paying bills and my daily workout - i did them much earlier, i finished everything quicker .

I feel like I feel in a time warp.
Dead and Aware.
Message 48 of 88 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Maintenance....Sign In

Mar 4, 2013
I've finally been able to sign in to PSN, but no Home, just FYI...3/4. 1pm Est
Message 40 of 88 (402 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29585 posts

Re: Maintenance....Sign In

Mar 4, 2013

See these: Scheduled PSN MaintenanceMarch 4th, 20138AM to 7PM PacificClick to learn more.Stay on PSN during the... and Monday's maintenance is extended.

Home, and other programs, will down for quite a while.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 41 of 88 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Directly signing into PSN gets a popup that maintenance is being done, well does for me anyway.  No Netflix, Store, Home, etc  but you may still be able to access a select portion of the PSN via an in-game login.  Only way I see to make since of what Tempest_Fire said about still being able to login to play games.

What I mean is this EXAMPLE:  (COD Black Ops II)  load the game, then select multiplayer,  it will ask you to sign in, you can log into a select portion of the network this way, but the Store and other sections will still be down so you have to wait to download Revolution.  Should work the same for any other games that allow signing in while in-game.

Message 42 of 88 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
39 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Yes I believe your right, Ty. I was just trying to watch netflix and was finally able to sign in. I thought I'd let others know by post that I was able to sign in finally and they may be able to also now. since Sony has no real link to let us know what's going on its up to us to inform each other I guess. Thx for your reply
Message 43 of 88 (357 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2013

Oh thank you so much for mentioning that I thought I was going to be staring at the ceiling all day today.  Now at least I can watch something on netflix.

Message 45 of 88 (325 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Many of these online multiplayer games are hosted on servers which are separately maintained but psn linked. Always try signing in to your online games through the multiplayer option when you get general psn maintanence messages. It is rare for the online game servers to be down.
Posted Image

Message 49 of 88 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Crap, I can't race tonight oh well. They need a little time off anyways.

I highly doubt wardrobe will be fixed?

Message 50 of 88 (197 Views)
0 Likes