Reply
Dec 25 2007
By: viper89~ First Son 7 posts
Offline

Mode not supported with Samsung DLP TV?

[ Edited ]
21 replies 106529 views Edited May 19, 2014

I've searched and really had no luck but see that other people have had similar problems also.  I tried hooking the ps3 up with the Playstation 3 component AV Cables that i bought to my Samsung DLP tv. (http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-3-Component-AV-Cable/dp/B000MIXFWA these are the cables) When i turn the tv on it says the "Mode is not Supported". The tv is a couple of years old now and does not have a hdmi port but does support 1080i. The playstation works and plays fine with the cables the that came with the console. Any ideas?

 
slight edit to title for clarity to learn more please see, added label ask community to learn more about labels see here. Thanks! GuardianBelle
Message 1 of 22 (106,529 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/25/2007
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Mode not supported with Samsung

Dec 25, 2007
This forum is really busy for the holiday
Message 2 of 22 (106,529 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 03/21/2000
Offline
21666 posts
 

Re: Mode not supported with Samsung

Dec 25, 2007


viper89 wrote:
I've searched and really had no luck but see that other people have had similar problems also.  I tried hooking the ps3 up with the Playstation 3 component AV Cables that i bought to my Samsung DLP tv. (http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-3-Component-AV-Cable/dp/B000MIXFWA these are the cables) When i turn the tv on it says the "Mode is not Supported". The tv is a couple of years old now and does not have a hdmi port but does support 1080i. The playstation works and plays fine with the cables the that came with the console. Any ideas?


what video mode does your TV take for componate video?



Message 3 of 22 (106,529 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/20/2006
Offline
2867 posts
 

Re: Mode not supported with Samsung

Dec 25, 2007
It might be trying to display 720p.  You will have to disable all resolutions except for 480 and 1080i.
=================
Photobucket
=================
Message 4 of 22 (106,529 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/07/2006
Offline
496 posts
 

Re: Mode not supported with Samsung

Dec 25, 2007
QFT  You need to figure out what resolution your TV can handle, and set it to that.
 
If you need to RESET your PS3 Video Mode hold the On / Off Button till it beeps 3 times, and then turn it back on.
 
EQDruid
 
 
Photobucket
Message 5 of 22 (106,529 Views)
First Son
Registered: 12/30/2007
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Mode not supported with Samsung

Dec 30, 2007
I had the issue when hooking my PS3 to a Samsung HD TV with max resolution of 1080i, after it had been used on a TV supporting 1080p. Therefore, the PS3 video output was configured to be 1080p, and the signal was not recognized by the 1080i Samsung. Because I could not see video, I could not change the output setting. I reconnected to the 1080p monitor, set the PS3 for maximum 1080i output, hooked it back to the 1080i monitor, and it worked perfectly.
Message 6 of 22 (106,529 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/10/2006
Offline
485 posts
 

Re: Mode not supported with Samsung

Dec 30, 2007


EQDruid1 wrote:
QFT  You need to figure out what resolution your TV can handle, and set it to that.
 
If you need to RESET your PS3 Video Mode hold the On / Off Button till it beeps 3 times, and then turn it back on.
 
EQDruid
 
 


What he said. It will set you system to its highest possible resolution
The US needs to legalize cloning so that every man in America could have his very own Jessica Simpson.

PROUD PS3 Owner 12-31-06

GAMING B3YOND

360 and PS3
Message 7 of 22 (106,529 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/06/2008
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Mode not supported with Samsung

Jul 6, 2008

Hey Dude, I had the same problem and have cracked it!!

 

All you need to do is take the HDMI from the back of the PS3 and plug it into a DVD player (or something similar) and use it once. Take the HDMI out and plug back inti your switched OFF PS3 and turn it on (one beep) It should start up with the music in the background and no picture. Turn it off so the power light shows red and then swithch it back on and keep it held till it beeps again. You should then get the option to run at the highest def.

 

Hope this helps.......

Message 8 of 22 (106,529 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/26/2006
Offline
3032 posts
 

Re: Mode not supported with Samsung

Jul 6, 2008

gooseandchips wrote:

Hey Dude, I had the same problem and have cracked it!!

 

All you need to do is take the HDMI from the back of the PS3 and plug it into a DVD player (or something similar) and use it once. Take the HDMI out and plug back inti your switched OFF PS3 and turn it on (one beep) It should start up with the music in the background and no picture. Turn it off so the power light shows red and then swithch it back on and keep it held till it beeps again. You should then get the option to run at the highest def.

 

Hope this helps.......


 

My HDTV from Magnavox will do 1080p (it's a 26 inch no less) But it's natively 1080i so I run it at that. What he needs to do is not these waky fixes you all claim work. But do what the manual says to do and thats run though the setup for the HDTV settings part of the menu. It's easyer to fix then you all make it out too be trust me. The PS3 will detect the highest possable resolution and run the PS3 at that. and it will even show you the formats your HDTV supports you must do this each time you switch your PS3 to a new HDTV. It makes sure the games run correctly and keeps the PS3 from gltiching out on you.
Message 9 of 22 (106,529 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/30/2008
Offline
98 posts
 

Re: Mode not supported with Samsung

Jul 6, 2008

GameGodDude wrote:
It might be trying to display 720p.  You will have to disable all resolutions except for 480 and 1080i.

 

dlps are all progressive. either 720p or 1080p.  it might accept a 1080i but only displays progressive.  keep it at 720p where do these people like game god come from. need to go to school and graduate elementary before giving bad advice
Message 10 of 22 (106,529 Views)
Reply
0 Likes