Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 14 2013
By: Dr_BudweiserBrew First Son 1 posts

Mobile internet key...How to hook up to PS#?

4 replies 61 views Edited Apr 14, 2013

Hi,

I have very sketchy wireless internet through the land lord's wireless connection, so I also have a wireless mobile internet key that I can plug into my lap-top and desk-top via USB, but can't get it working on my PS3.  I have it plugged in to the USB, but it will just blink a few times, and the PS3 doesn't recognize that there is another wireless connection available.  Any suggestions?  Or am I just wasting my time?

Thanks in advance for constructive responses.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (61 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5301 posts

Re: Mobile internet key...How to hook up to PS#?

Apr 14, 2013
Not sure if the Ps3 can read off those. Have you considered in picking up a powerline adaptor?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (56 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Apr 14, 2013
I think what your using only provides internet through USB. The PS3 will only recognize internet connections through ethernet and wifi.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (50 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Apr 14, 2013
You might be able you plug your USB device into your laptop and set it up to share the internet with your PS3. I know when i set up my sisters laptop with internet it asked if i wanted to share the conntection with other devices. She has a laptop with windows 8 so im not sure if older versions have this feature built in, or maybe a program can do it for you.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (48 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8123 posts

Apr 14, 2013

It is likely that it is actually a wifi reciever.  The easiest way you'll be able to get it to work with your PS3 is to plug it into your computer and bridge the connection to the ethernet port.  Then connect your PS3 to your computer via an ethernet cable.

As for actual step by step instructions on how to do so, google is your friend.  I haven't messed with connecting other devices to the internet through my computer.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (35 Views)
0 Likes