Mar 09 2012
By: csps Survivor 2856 posts

Minis That Work on Vita

2 replies 60 views Edited Mar 9, 2012

I bought a Mini from my Vita last night and paid for it.  It wouldn't let me download it to my Vita, OR transfer it from my PS3.  The thing even shows up on the compatibility list.  I send a support request to Sony.  They're going to refund my purchase, but aren't offering an answer as to why I can't download it.

Does anyone know of a way to be SURE a game on PSN will work on the Vita before buying it??

CS

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Re: Minis That Work on Vita

Mar 12, 2012

I dopn't think there is any way currently to know ahead of time what is going to be compatible without finding someone who has already tried to. The forums are good for this as a lot of Vita owners are PS3 owners.

Somethings to concider are:

1) Some minis are remote playable

2) A lot of PSOne games are remote playable

3) Very few if ANY PS3 games are remote playable. (I heard some of the pixel junk titles are working in some fashion)

I am sure that Sony is slowly but surely updating there game descriptions to show whether they are directly Vita compatible. Keep your eye on the store for these notes in the game info pages. The best rule of thumb I have found is if it is not on the Vita store then better than average chance it won't work directly on the vita.

Let us know what further info you find

Alacrity

AlacrityFitz Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2856 posts

Re: Minis That Work on Vita

Mar 13, 2012

Just an update to this, two nights ago the Mini in question was suddenly downloadable on my Vita.  All is well now.  They really need to be more up front about compatibility of titles in the PS store.

Happy gaming all!

CS

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (60 Views)
0 Likes