Jun 16 2012
By: JoshuaLewis94 First Son 2 posts

Metal gear solid hd collection on the vita. Anyone notice the framerate / slowdown?

5 replies 54 views Edited Jun 16, 2012

Hey,

Recently got a vita, and mgs hd collection. I live in The uk, but bought mgs on eBay a few weeks early. It's the American version. I was just wondering, has anyone noticed anything about the framerate at certain places in the game? On some occasions, like in the transformer room strut b, if you run from the top end of the room where you meet snake, whilst  running things don't stay as... Smooth? Like raiden slows down slightly or something. Does anyone know what I mean, or has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Josh

Message 1 of 6 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Re: Metal gear solid hd collection on the vita. Anyone notice the framerate / slowdown?

Jun 16, 2012

Frame rate issues are common with ports.  Even the HD collections ported to the PS3 has lags and video quality issues. 

Message 2 of 6 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Metal gear solid hd collection on the vita. Anyone notice the framerate / slowdown?

Jun 17, 2012

hmmm, i did think that. i cant say ive notice it on the 360 version though. anyway it's not detrimental to play really, so i'll manage. thanks

Message 3 of 6 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 18, 2012

spudsudz wrote:

Frame rate issues are common with ports.  Even the HD collections ported to the PS3 has lags and video quality issues. 

Not really I have the PS3 version and they run much better than the PS2 games. Every collection I have doesn't have problems. The only HD remaster that sucked was Silent Hill collection Konami somehow failed so much that they made it look and play worse than the PS2 originals.

Message 4 of 6 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Jun 18, 2012

DMC has whole sections that look poor on my PS3 slim as well as the MGS HD Collection...  Been several tech pieces that reference the difficulty of "upgrading" the older games to a true HD game and a lot of that has to do with frame rate challenges... 

Message 5 of 6 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Jun 18, 2012

The DMC Collection I should have referenced...

Message 6 of 6 (54 Views)
0 Likes