Jul 05 2012
By: Smite64 First Son 2 posts

Metal Gear Solid HD Co. PS Vita: How do I break necks, and how do I stand on my tiptoes?

2 replies 1948 views Edited Jul 5, 2012

For Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on the Playstation Vita, i'm having trouble understanding the touch controls in some areas.  I could be wrong, but I think that after you aim your gun at enemies backs and yell "FREEZE!" you can then grab them and break their neck.  I have been able to grab and constrain the guards, but I haven't figured out how to snap their neck.  I've settled for just tranquilizing them with my M9, but it would be nice to silence them permanently.  This is why I'm not so sure if doing this is possible at all.

Another thing, how do you walk on your tiptoes?  this has got to be the most confusing part for me... it says that to talk on your tiptoes in first person mode, you must touch the back-pad and slide outwards Smiley Frustrated

First of all... it is really hard to press so many buttons at one time to stay in first person mode, but walking towards dangerous enemies, unnoticed, and trying to juggle something as technical as "Stretching the touchpad outwards"... it is extremely stressful and frustrating...

...Which leads me to think that I'm a bit misinformed about how these controls work.  Can anyone clarify what I am supposed to do to tiptoe, and what needs to be done to snap necks?  Anyone have tips to doing this easier?

Thanks.  and if you'd like to add me to compare trophies or have a general chat about metal gear, add me @ Smite64

Message 1 of 3 (1,948 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13736 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Co. PS Vita: How do I break necks, and how do I stand on my tiptoes?

Jul 5, 2012

To break necks, simply walk up behind an enemy, and hold Square. You'll grab them.

Then just tap Square repeatedly while holding them, and you'll break their neck.

To stand on tip toes, in first person view, take two fingers, and slide upwards on the rear touch pad on the left and right sides.

Note that you cannot move while doing this. To walk slowly, you just tilt the analog less (this eliminates footstep noise.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 3 (1,945 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Co. PS Vita: How do I break necks, and how do I stand on my tiptoes?

Jul 5, 2012
yes, what glacius said but in order to actually start choking, you must unequip your weapon. just like in the old games
Message 3 of 3 (1,929 Views)
0 Likes