Apr 27 2014
By: NECRONUS7 First Son 3 posts

Metal Gear 5 needs a katana!

13 replies 185 views Edited Apr 27, 2014

I think it would be awesome if they include a katana in metal gear solid 5. There is always a ninja to defeat, but why cant i take his katana after lol? If anyone agrees then lets make some noise about it! Give Snake a katana!

Message 1 of 14 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Re: Metal Gear 5 needs a katana!

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2014

This your first MGS, sport? Snake said in MGS2 he isn't a fan of blades. You could use the HF blade in VR Missions, MGS2, MGO, Portable Ops +, and Rising. Go play one of those.

Besides, there's no ninja in MGSV.

Message 2 of 14 (182 Views)
Survivor
2477 posts

Apr 27, 2014

exactly, you need to move away from Raising, it was a slap in the face when it comes to MGS. plain and simple it was NOT  Metal Gear.

Message 3 of 14 (175 Views)
Fender Bender
3071 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

exactly, you need to move away from Raising, it was a slap in the face when it comes to MGS. plain and simple it was NOT  Metal Gear.

Of course it wasn't MGS. There's a reason it's called Metal Gear Rising. Smiley Tongue

SergeantVincent wrote:

This your first MGS, sport? Snake said in MGS2 he isn't a fan of blades. You could use the HF blade in VR Missions, MGS2, MGO, Portable Ops +, and Rising. Go play one of those.

Besides, there's no ninja in MGSV.

Solid Snake said that in MGS2, not Big Boss. MGSV is about Big Boss. Big Boss is/was Naked Snake, and the knife was part of his CQC technique. The reason Solid wasn't a fan of blades was because he viewed the CQC technique negatively after Big Boss became a "traitor."

Either way, MGSV:TPP isn't out yet, so I don't know how you can say there's no ninja in it. Seeing as how a young Mantis may be in the game, Frank Jaeger/Grey Fox/Null/whatever you want to call him may also be in it.

Bring MAG to PS4!
Message 4 of 14 (162 Views)
Survivor
2477 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2014

TheLastNinja- wrote:

Solid Snake said that in MGS2, not Big Boss. MGSV is about Big Boss. Big Boss is/was Naked Snake, and the knife was part of his CQC technique. The reason Solid wasn't a fan of blades was because he viewed the CQC technique negatively after Big Boss became a "traitor."

Either way, MGSV:TPP isn't out yet, so I don't know how you can say there's no ninja in it. Seeing as how a young Mantis may be in the game, Frank Jaeger/Grey Fox/Null/whatever you want to call him may also be in it.

Jaeger was a part of Solid Snake's story, not Big Boss. there had never been any mention of Big Boss ever facing a ninja in the history line of Metal Gear. Big Boss is a war soldier which is why his games hve more then just stealth in them. Peace Walker alone showed this by allowing you to build Mother Base and use R&D to build weapons and items.

the new MGS is set after Mother base is destroyed so instead it will be mostly all stealth amd maybe infentry stuff. there is no hack and slashing in a fire fight. Raising was set in a robotic world where almost everyone was a cyborg with metal body parts and was completely unrealistic unlike every other Metal Gear game before it. the chances of a sword being in this game are like  five hundred to one.

Message 5 of 14 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3071 posts

Apr 27, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

Jaeger was a part of Solid Snake's story, not Big Boss. there had never been any mention of Big Boss ever facing a ninja in the history line of Metal Gear. Big Boss is a war soldier which is why his games hve more then just stealth in them. Peace Walker alone showed this by allowing you to build Mother Base and use R&D to build weapons and items.

the new MGS is set after Mother base is destroyed so instead it will be mostly all stealth amd maybe infentry stuff. there is no hack and slashing in a fire fight. Raising was set in a robotic world where almost everyone was a cyborg with metal body parts and was completely unrealistic unlike every other Metal Gear game before it. the chances of a sword being in this game are like  five hundred to one.

Big Boss vs Null/Frank Jaeger: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ6JS8Rxn-4 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YwoPH7GBvo

He was loyal to Big Boss in the original Metal Gear games, which is why Solid fights him in Metal Gear 2. Also, he was one of the child soldiers trained by Big Boss.

Bring MAG to PS4!
Message 6 of 14 (150 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29406 posts

Apr 27, 2014

You don't need to stick every conceivable weapon into a game, especially if it doesn't fit the particular style of gameplay. And Raiden was in the Army of The Devil as a child soldier of Solidus, not Big Boss. 

Message 7 of 14 (144 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Apr 27, 2014

Haha no this isnt my first time playin mgs, i just love bikenjutsu and liked mgs revengeance. Thought cqc would be fun with a sword, guess im alone on this one. And solid Snake didnt like blades, Big Boss has used them since Snake Eater you nerd Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 14 (137 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29406 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2014

NECRONUS7 wrote:

Haha no this isnt my first time playin mgs, i just love bikenjutsu and liked mgs revengeance. Thought cqc would be fun with a sword, guess im alone on this one. And solid Snake didnt like blades, Big Boss has used them since Snake Eater you nerd Smiley Very Happy

He's used knives, not swords. That's an entirely different animal. And no, it's not "the same" because it's a bladed weapon. 

Message 9 of 14 (133 Views)
Fender Bender
3071 posts

Apr 27, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

And Raiden was in the Army of The Devil as a child soldier of Solidus, not Big Boss. 

I'm not talking about Raiden/Jack the Ripper. Frank Jaeger/Grey Fox/Null is not Raiden.

Bring MAG to PS4!
Message 10 of 14 (127 Views)
0 Likes