Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 01/07/2009
Offline
657 posts
 

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 29, 2013

How do you tweet them, I've never used tweeter before.

Message 71 of 78 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
13132 posts
 

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 29, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:
"So isn't DRM sorta illegal? "

Let's say you spend several years creating the best game ever. Coding, debugging, coding some more. You spend thousands of dollars to upgrade your computer to the latest hardware. At the end of it, you decide to sell the end product. You do not protect your work with any kind of copy protection (DRM).

The first day, you manage to sell one copy. The next day, you sell none, because everyone already has your game...

How do you think you'd feel?

Don't release the game on PC

Problem solved 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 72 of 78 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/06/2012
Offline
1392 posts
 

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 29, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:
"So isn't DRM sorta illegal? "

Let's say you spend several years creating the best game ever. Coding, debugging, coding some more. You spend thousands of dollars to upgrade your computer to the latest hardware. At the end of it, you decide to sell the end product. You do not protect your work with any kind of copy protection (DRM).

The first day, you manage to sell one copy. The next day, you sell none, because everyone already has your game...

How do you think you'd feel?

Don't release the game on PC

Problem solved 


not exactly people are still able to illegally obtain games through the consoles not just pc 

Message 73 of 78 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
14267 posts
 

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 30, 2013

All DRM will do is kill off a generation of gamers.

 

I'll still be going without any issues, but not everyone is in the same boat as I am.

 

I hope Sony know that this is in their best interest to follow what we think on the matter financially down the line the profits are endless with one console electing to block used games and the other that wont. The winner would be inevitable.

 

Sometimes to win the battle you have to take some hits.

 

Even though for me it's not about winning. I would have bought the XBOX One, but beyond any DRM it has other features I really loathe.

 

I would have owned both, I wish Microsoft all the success in the world. but if Sony follow us, It's Sony who will deserve the success, regardless. competition is important, we have gotten quality games from two leading giants in the last few years. I feel as if Microsoft will be leaving the console industry very soon though.

 

Keeping the used market is going to be key in this generation, we are still in recession throughout the world. Sony can afford to take some hits, the general public? Not so much. But everyone wins long term.



Message 74 of 78 (102 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
13132 posts
 

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 30, 2013

xChrisGTRx wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:
"So isn't DRM sorta illegal? "

Let's say you spend several years creating the best game ever. Coding, debugging, coding some more. You spend thousands of dollars to upgrade your computer to the latest hardware. At the end of it, you decide to sell the end product. You do not protect your work with any kind of copy protection (DRM).

The first day, you manage to sell one copy. The next day, you sell none, because everyone already has your game...

How do you think you'd feel?

Don't release the game on PC

Problem solved 


not exactly people are still able to illegally obtain games through the consoles not just pc 


Not as mainstream as PC 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 75 of 78 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/27/2013
Offline
16 posts
 

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 30, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:

How do you tweet them, I've never used tweeter before.


all you have to do is make a twitter account at twitter.com (pretty simple) then just click on the click to tweet and it is set up to send the tweet to @PlayStation..all you have to do after clicking the link is click tweet.

 

http://clicktotweet.com/0B1a2

Message 76 of 78 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
3489 posts
 

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 30, 2013

I don't ever do the twatting(sp? Smiley Tongue)but I do want me some Death Ray Manta now.

Message 77 of 78 (84 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 03/21/2008
Offline
742 posts
 

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 30, 2013

Ghostwize wrote:

I don't ever do the twatting(sp? Smiley Tongue)but I do want me some Death Ray Manta now.


aha, that tweet from @yosp was pretty funny.

 

Yoshida trolling us with Vita DRM. lol.

Message 78 of 78 (72 Views)