MVP Support
10870 posts

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 29, 2013
"So isn't DRM sorta illegal? "

Let's say you spend several years creating the best game ever. Coding, debugging, coding some more. You spend thousands of dollars to upgrade your computer to the latest hardware. At the end of it, you decide to sell the end product. You do not protect your work with any kind of copy protection (DRM).

The first day, you manage to sell one copy. The next day, you sell none, because everyone already has your game...

How do you think you'd feel?
Message 61 of 78 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 29, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

twitterdrm.jpg

I hope you know that is not Kaz Hirai's real twitter account.

Then who's account is it, and why has he tons of followers?

Message 62 of 78 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

May 29, 2013

You guys are petitioning to the wrong people. The Third Party Publishers are the real complainers. YOU SHOULD BE petitioning to the government about the issue. Third Party Publishers are twisting Sony and Microsoft arm to destroy the used game market. By dealing with this buying First Party Exclusives is the solution. Took me a while to think about this. Sony is not the bad guy nor is Microsoft. Wait till E3. That petition campaign should be aimed towards the government not the Sony Executives. I will be buying Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls after all and inFAMOUS; Second Son. All game publishers are PRO-DRM maybe.

The Last Lone Wolf Vandalier
Message 63 of 78 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

May 29, 2013
I tweeted as well. It doesn't hurt. I'm sure the developers are pushing hard for this, but in the end, MS and Sony have the final say on what their system will do. I'm sure a lot of gamers will still buy the newest console, but I feel a larger audience will simply not go next generation. They will stay behind in the current generation of consoles. For me, this isn't about used games. This is about saying I can't play a game on another console in my own house. I have four Xboxes and one PS3 in my house. If Sony does away with DRM, I will easily sway the other way. If both to DRM, I will simply not buy into the next gen of console games. No other industry has this much of a problem with used markets. I can watch a DVD and Blu-Ray in any room I want. I can listen to music on any device I choose. How come when I pay more money for a media, do I suddenly have less control of it? They want to say you can't resell it. They want to get their paws in the market is all. Yet developers give Gamestop all the exclusives for pre-orders. Why are you helping your enemy and taking his money? If developers stand up and say they won't develop for the next console because it has no DRM, but yet MS and Sony sell 15 billion consoles each in the first week of launch, I'm positive some new and prospective developers will step up to the plate to get a piece of that pie. C'est la vie.
Message 64 of 78 (184 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5700 posts

#PS4NoDRM #PS4UsedGames

May 29, 2013

So a Neogaf member has started that what can only be described as a pleed to Sony to not follow in Microsoft's footsteps and this is how he is doing it... and making it work.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568033

http://kotaku.com/ps4nodrm-the-next-gen-twitter-campaign-thats-got-son-510143287

Go to twitter and message those who need to know that this move is unwise

Be heard everyone! Go tell them.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 65 of 78 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Re: #PS4NoDRM #PS4UsedGames

May 29, 2013

I've done over 40 tweets already to Sony and Shuhei Yoshida. With #PS4NoDRM

Message 66 of 78 (139 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36700 posts

Re: #PS4NoDRM #PS4UsedGames

May 29, 2013

sony will do anything to take your money away from you. ps4 will be a money eater watch

Message 67 of 78 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15333 posts

May 29, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

twitterdrm.jpg

Are you serious?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 68 of 78 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

May 29, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

twitterdrm.jpg

Are you serious?

Don't worry. 

I'm on Shuhei Yoshida anyway. 

Message 69 of 78 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

May 29, 2013

Sony execs are now joking about this DRM stuff:

yoshida tweet

You can read the rest of the tweets here: https://twitter.com/yosp/status/339714952485036032

And an article here: http://kotaku.com/sony-president-trolls-everyone-510269752?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&ut...

I take this as very good news. I don't think they would be joking about something like this.

Message 70 of 78 (158 Views)
0 Likes