Fender Bender
3480 posts

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 28, 2013

Exactly. 

Message 41 of 78 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 28, 2013

thanks to the guys that are still using the hashtags and tweeting at sony, yes we can actually make a difference if we all voice our opinion on  the matter..keep spreading the word =)

YOU CAN HELP --- USE THIS ClicktoTweet that was Created for this Cause & to Send Sony a Message: http://clicktotweet.com/0B1a2

Message 42 of 78 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

May 28, 2013

I have spreaded the word at Ubisoft and Naughty Dog Forums. 

Message 43 of 78 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

May 28, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

I have spreaded the word at Ubisoft and Naughty Dog Forums. 

thank you for doing your part =D 

Message 44 of 78 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

May 28, 2013

What PS2 game are you playing?

Its either a PS2 shooter or any COD game, both about the same.

Do not tell me you just made me watch COD!!!

your message is ok but everyone knows COD is for boxes, ps3 has good games, why ruin your good message with such a horrible franchise?!?!?!

I'm conflicted now, I guess COD was a good choice to rally the masses of sheep to your cause but I would almost prefer that those who play cod buy a box instead, let them have that, its probably the best game box has.

I want to boucott the video but also want to support the message therein, decisions, decisions.....

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 45 of 78 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

May 28, 2013

I really believe that after the outcry over DRM in the Xbox One Sony will want to stay as a "white knight" in this scenario. I really can't see them putting DRM in the system especially if it isn't always online, there would be possible no way to do it. So I think if Sony wants to win the hearts and minds of gamers this E3, they should say on stage "We don't require always online DRM measures, and we don't charge a fee for used games."

Granted things like online passes will still exist depending on publishers, but I think that i'd rather have that then the Xbox One alternative.

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 46 of 78 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

May 28, 2013

This whole thing has blown up. If Sony does not listen then the PS4 will fall into obscureity a long with the Wii U.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 47 of 78 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

So was this just EA making an attempt to look good, knowing they could make money off used games even when they are "Single Player"?

Probably what EA was thinking, "We don't need the "Online Pass" anymore, because we'll have full DRM on games being played on MS and Sony's systems. Let's tell everyone we are going to get rid of it to make ourselves look good."

I bought 3 360's ($1,100) this generation, and yes my sons play games I buy for myself on their 360's when I'm not playing it. It's called sharing, something my parents taught me, and something I try to teach my kids.

I buy these games new and see it as adding value to the thousands of dollars I spend each generation on games. You know? Spend $60 on a game that is maybe a 10 hour game, so $6/hr or my sons play so it's $2/hr entertainment. Going to a movie is $5+/hr plus if you have a drink and snack even more. So this makes gaming a good alternative to movies for entertainment. 

However, if they want to add DRM to this so I can't share with the people that live with me (my family), then I may have to become a 1 console family, and I can put the $700+ I save on having one console towards the DRM. Oh wait, I won't have to pay for DRM since I'll only have one console, and buy new. I think it will be time to trim the fat if they implement this, and I'm sure my Wife will support this wholeheartedly. lol.

Message 48 of 78 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

May 28, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

I bought 3 360's ($1,100) this generation, and yes my sons play games I buy for myself on their 360's when I'm not playing it. It's called sharing, something my parents taught me, and something I try to teach my kids.

really, just 3? I had like 5 replacements before I gave up XD

but I agree, I always like swapping games with friends and stuff, I want to be able to do that

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 49 of 78 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

May 28, 2013

pacpunk wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

really, just 3? I had like 5 replacements before I gave up XD

but I agree, I always like swapping games with friends and stuff, I want to be able to do that

I currently have 3 working ones in our household, one in each of our 2 living rooms and one in my 2 sons bedroom.

So you can see how if I'm watching a show with my Wife in my gameroom/living room, that one of my sons might want to grab my copy of UMvC3 or MK9 and play on their system in their room or the other living room by themselves or maybe when their cousins are over. I buy multiple systems so I don't have to continuously move mine around or give up my gameroom. But with DRM, my copy I "bought new" would be considered used to them. Smiley Frustrated 

Message 50 of 78 (106 Views)