May 27 2013
By: roro-anthem First Son 16 posts

Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

[ Edited ]
77 replies 594 views Edited May 29, 2013

Hello everyone i have just uploaded a NEW Video telling people to start sending @PlayStation & Sony Tweets telling them to do the right thing Using the hashtags #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames

YOU CAN HELP --- USE THIS ClicktoTweet that was Created for this Cause & to Send Sony a Message: http://clicktotweet.com/0B1a2

Thanks Everyone Without your help we would not be able to get this message out to Sony! 

[UPDATE: As of May 28th] --- WE MADE THE NEWS!

I posted a NEW Video to let everyone know what we have accomplished so far!!!!

HERE IT IS: 

Message 1 of 78 (594 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 27, 2013
Why? This won't do anything. Its Sony's system and they already know what they are doing. Just wait for E3 to figure out what they have to say on the matter. If they start doing what Microsoft is doing then you better get used to it as this could be the future of gaming. What other choice do you have besides Nintendo ?
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 2 of 78 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Re: Message to PlayStation #PS4noDrm #PS4UsedGames Save the #PS4 Tell Sony to do the right thing!

May 27, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Why? This won't do anything. Its Sony's system and they already know what they are doing. Just wait for E3 to figure out what they have to say on the matter. If they start doing what Microsoft is doing then you better get used to it as this could be the future of gaming. What other choice do you have besides Nintendo ?

You don't understand the power of Social Media.

Some high profile Sony execs in hardware and marketting have already replied.

I've already sent my tweet to @yosp and @playstation, and this is exploding on Neogaf, reddit, and **bleep**. 

Sony is DEFINITELY paying attention to this campaign, and there were rumors going around that they had plans to implement a DRM for Used games, but are rethinking the process based on Microsoft's poor handling of the situation and the negative reception.

Gamers are campaigning to avoid Used game DRM, and Sony has time to remove whatever system they implemented and rediscuss terms with third party publishers (primarily pointing fingers at Electronic Arts).

Message 3 of 78 (575 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

May 27, 2013
I think we are jumping the gun ONLY because of what Microsoft has said what they are doing and they still haven't given all the details of what's going on. E3 should clear things up and we will see how both companies plan to handle the matter then.
Message 4 of 78 (570 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
437 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

deaofly wrote:

Why not? It's not like it's gonna hurt to try. At least we will make our voice heard. Like the poster in here said, some Playstation execs have already responded, so they're getting the message.

Message 5 of 78 (569 Views)
Wastelander
742 posts

May 27, 2013

deaofly wrote:
I think we are jumping the gun ONLY because of what Microsoft has said what they are doing and they still haven't given all the details of what's going on. E3 should clear things up and we will see how both companies plan to handle the matter then.

No dude, geoff from GT and a few individuals on neogaf have gotten hints that there is some sort of used DRM on PS4 but Sony has been going back and forth on the situation.

This isin't negative PR, this is just to make sure that Sony doesn't decide to implement a used games DRM system. Its more of a precaution than anything like what has already happened to MS. 

We are just trying to get our voices heard that Used game DRM is blatantly anti-consumer, and will do more harm than good to PS4.

Message 6 of 78 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 27, 2013

Gadirok wrote:

deaofly wrote:

I've already sent my tweet to @yosp and @playstation, and this is exploding on Neogaf, reddit, and **bleep**. 

Sony is DEFINITELY paying attention to this campaign, and there were rumors going around that they had plans to implement a DRM for Used games, but are rethinking the process based on Microsoft's poor handling of the situation and the negative reception.

Gamers are campaigning to avoid Used game DRM, and Sony has time to remove whatever system they implemented and rediscuss terms with third party publishers (primarily pointing fingers at Electronic Arts).

Care to share their responses? Links?

I have a twitter account, but i only use once every few months as I dont see it as a tool

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 78 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

May 27, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Gadirok wrote:

deaofly wrote:

Care to share their responses? Links?

I have a twitter account, but i only use once every few months as I dont see it as a tool

here ya go http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/14952/article/sony-employees-respond-to-ps4-no-drm-campaign/

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 8 of 78 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13229 posts

May 27, 2013
I think we should start ignoring deaofly cause everything is no this and no that and negative this and negative that.
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 9 of 78 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

May 27, 2013
Oh maybe I should rethink what I say,......... nah never that. Dont like what I say, who cares .
Message 10 of 78 (522 Views)
0 Likes