First Son
1 posts

Re: MemorySticks for gaming? What about my Umd discs?

Jun 8, 2011

I'd like to see a program where we could mail our UMD's to Sony.  Once they receive them, they send us a code to download the game/movie from the PSN.  They keep/destroy our UMD's of course.  I'd even consider paying a buck or two per UMD to do this.

(edit: apparently there is already a pretty substantial thread about this same idea)

Message 11 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jun 8, 2011

Nah, bad analogy :-). You're confusing physical formats with backwards compatibility. In the digital age, there is no reason why phsycial formats can't be replaced with digital downloads. Let me explain the difference - the PSV doesn't have to play the actual UMD; Sony can just offer a digital download as replacment for the UMD. For example,  I bought Tactics Ogre on UMD - I am not going to buy Ogre Tactics again from PSN just so I can play it on my PSV.

What Sony should do, is offer a sort of "UMD replacement program", where, for example, I mail in four (or two or five, it doesn't matter what the exact number is) UMDs and in return they email me a code for a digital download for my new PSV (note that the download doesn't even necessarily have to be for one fo the games that was turned in) . This accomplishes two things - it rewards your long term customers for their loyalty AND turns new customers on to games they might not have otherwise bought.  

Re: the PSPGo - don't even bring up that piece of shit. That was a terrible idea from the beginning and even Sony knew it was a rape job :-)

Message 12 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jun 8, 2011

Shademehr:

Heh, great minds thing alike. We must have been writing our responses at the same time

Message 13 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes